Sister Rivalry

Casmeli

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
both my female kittens were spayed on Wednesday. One had a very bad reaction to the anesthetic that lasted until Friday to which I took her for a follow up appointment as her incision was swollen and bruised (vet said she’ll Be okay. As of today it’s still pretty swollen but bruising has subsided some)

My two very loving inseparable sisters can’t be in a room together right now. I am keeping one in a smaller room with the door shut (one she had more anxiety following the surgery hence the swelling and bruising). But how will I get them to be loving sisters again. When is to soon to reintroduce them and when will I know if this is okay or not.

My little one that did okay with surgery just sits at the door and cries. But as soon as she sees her sister she is ready to charge due to the hissing.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Every cat reacts differently to the vet experience, and being stressed and hissy for a few days afterwards isn’t unusual. For that reason as well as to make sure their incisions have time to heal without being disturbed by playing too hard, I would keep them separate for a week. By then the hissy one should be settled down and they will probably be ready to be friends again. After that I would let them be together hissing or not.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
IF, by some fairly rare chance, they continue to not get along, let us know and I'll post the links for introducing cats to each other. The procedure is exactly the same.