Simon & Garfunkel's 1st birthday *picture vid*

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The boys turn one year old on Tuesday, 3/20/12.  It's a few days early, but after I finished making this slide show I can't hold it back til then.  I admit I can't get through it without crying - and while I feel ridiculous because these are cats, not children, I can't help but wonder how a year has gone by and feel so grateful for the joy they've brought me.  I've always said I prefer cats to kittens, but these pictures made me ache for their kittenhood.  Tearing up again... eek!  

The music is Old Friends/Bookends theme by Simon & Garfunkel which is about friends growing old together.  Very emotional for obvious reasons... I hope you enjoy the photos of my boys growing up!

ambermay

I hold your heart close to my chest.
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, Ah, they are such sweet little darlings!

Such beautiful photos and music is so very well chosen for the slideshow!

I so loved the one where they both sit in one litter-box together and the three of them at the end of show looking down, and as babies - so sweet, and them sleeping with you both...  Well, they are ALL just so special photos and such cherished memory for ever!

I shared some tears too, for just about an hour before I watched your lovely photos - I was looking at mine (my five growing up).

What can be more heart-warming than watching our kitties' photos and videos!

Last edited:

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So wonderful! I shed a few tears, too. I so remember when you first arrived at TCS with them, then struggling over the decision to add Joni to the mix. You've done a great job with them and they are all wonderful kitties! Happy birthday Simon & Garfunkel!

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww so sweet, its a perfect remembrance of their first year. My three boys turn 1 as well on Saturday (3/24). I don't have the talent to put together anything like you did but I have been going through all of their pictures as they have grown up, its hard not to get sentimental and miss when they were tiny little babies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you SO much everyone... I must have played this video 100 times since I made it!!  Panda, I have absolutely no video or artistic talent... my Macbook made it very easy for me LOL without sounding like a shill for Apple.  I just picked the pictures I wanted, dragged them into iMovie, dragged the songs over, and put the captions on.  

So wonderful! I shed a few tears, too. I so remember when you first arrived at TCS with them, then struggling over the decision to add Joni to the mix. You've done a great job with them and they are all wonderful kitties! Happy birthday Simon & Garfunkel!

Thank you so much, Stephanie.  You've been a big help in my journey raising these kittens!  I'm so glad I and my kittens have wonderful TCS people in our lives!!!

carmina piranha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a great video you made! And what a perfect song. They were such tiny orange fluffballs, and now they look all grown up! I love the shots that show them in the same spots as kittens, and as adults. Plus, of course, the ones from their babyhood. Happy Birthday, S&G!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone!!!!!! :)

What a great video you made! And what a perfect song. They were such tiny orange fluffballs, and now they look all grown up! I love the shots that show them in the same spots as kittens, and as adults. Plus, of course, the ones from their babyhood. Happy Birthday, S&G!

Thank you so much!  You're right - I love the then & nows best, too.