Simba's still hanging in there, but Deb & I are struggling

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are doing all you can do. When I read how he is it sounds exactly like how my Burt ended his days, he too, spent all his time in the kitchen. Towards the end in his litterbox for some reason.He got SO thin, every bone was sticking out, but he wasn't in pain and enjoyed our attention. I just knew every night I would wake up to him dead, but he went another year this way!
I just wanted to suggest you have a liquid pain med from the vet, not a supplement, to put in his cheek at the end, my Burt WAS in pain he cried and tried to run but he couldn't. I wanted so bad to take him to the vet, but that was when the cattle truck overturned in town and every vet was called out, it was a Sunday and a holiday too. I would have given anything to end his pain, he died in my arms. I was always better prepared after that.
Bless you for loving him so much, I will pray he dies in his sleep, surrounded by your love. It is how we all want to go......

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We take what we can get, you know? A good day is a good day and has to be remembered for when a bad day comes along. It is a struggle and an emotional roller coaster. We ride it because we have/need to for our 'buds'.
Absolutely!! I always feel they have been there with me. I want to do everything I can to make life/ things better of them. BUT its also hard because we love them so much.

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And I think what makes this tougher is that this is exactly what I am dealing with with my elderly parents in the nursing home, the emotional roller coaster, so when it hits home for Simba it also is reminding me of them and their situation.
I am so sorry all of this hit you at once. I know how difficult it is to being taking care of ill parents and dealing with everything else that is going on in your life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
You are doing all you can do. When I read how he is it sounds exactly like how my Burt ended his days, he too, spent all his time in the kitchen. Towards the end in his litterbox for some reason.He got SO thin, every bone was sticking out, but he wasn't in pain and enjoyed our attention. I just knew every night I would wake up to him dead, but he went another year this way!
I just wanted to suggest you have a liquid pain med from the vet, not a supplement, to put in his cheek at the end, my Burt WAS in pain he cried and tried to run but he couldn't. I wanted so bad to take him to the vet, but that was when the cattle truck overturned in town and every vet was called out, it was a Sunday and a holiday too. I would have given anything to end his pain, he died in my arms. I was always better prepared after that.
Bless you for loving him so much, I will pray he dies in his sleep, surrounded by your love. It is how we all want to go......
I am so sorry that you had to endure that, that was horrible...

He eats a lot and seems to enjoy it, then goes into his little "hole" and either peeps out at us or lays down and sleeps, only to come back out again when he wants to see what else we will give him to eat. It is comical but also unnerving, we wish that he would go into other rooms like he used to, but this is what he wants to do so we let him. I asked Deb if she thought something scared him that he goes in there but she doesn't think so, and he doesn't seem like he is "hiding", he's just hanging out in there.

Strange, but we can't do much about it, so we let him do what he wants. But it bothers us...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I was feeding them and he was right in there ready to eat, and when I was spooning the food into the bowls on the counter I looked down and watched him and saw him smushing his face into our big boy Socks, smushing into his fur, then he gave him a few licks on his head, and THAT'S our Simba, that's how he is, EVERYBODY'S friend, head bonks, rubs, etc.,so he's still in there! That was so nice to see...:rbheart: