Signs from beyond...what do you think this means?

bootsm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure how many believe in signs from your pets but I do after losing my first cat five years ago. The day after my cat was cremated, I saw the light open up in the sky in a way I hadnt before and started finding white feathers in weird places. But cutting to present day, I'm so devastated by my other cat passing. Incidentally, she passed just days before the fifth anniversary of my first cat.

Every year since my first cat passed, I've done some sort of memorial for him. The anniversary was yesterday and we also went to see my little girl at the cremation center (she's being cremated today tho.)

So here's the strange part (maybe it's strange I don't know.) We decided to honor both of them by going to dinner and eating things they liked. I also wanted a place with a heater because my little girl loved to sit right in front of heaters. So this place had food they liked and to my delight, we were sat very close to a heater. But then, it started to get darker and seconds later went out. It had run out of gas. We didn't see any other heaters do that at the place and I just found it so odd and it made me incredibly sad.

I know most would write this off as a coincidence, but I can't help thinking it meant something. The day was so loaded with it being the fifth anniversary of my first cat passing and we had been to visit our other cat who just passed. we'll never know what exactly it means but what are your impressions? I hope this all makes sense.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
First, I am so sorry for the passing of both of your cats. It's so sweet how even after 5 years, you continue to do a memorial.
I have had these types of things happen, many times. I do not believe they are coincidence. The day a rainbow formed outside my back door without a drop of rain after a brutal double loss taught me that.
The heater going out...it's strange that happened on the day she was cremated. My first thought was she was telling you that while she loved the external source of heat here on Earth, where she's at now, she doesn't need it anymore because there's no chance of her getting cold or chilled ever again. Maybe that was her way of telling you that.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
AH, but don't take the heater going out as a bad sign, it was just the simplest, most direct way to let you know she was there, and knew you were thinking of her. Nothing less, just that. Yes, I believe in signs. My gran taught me that finding a dime meant someone who passed was thinking of you. After my dad died, I started finding dimes EVERYWHERE. I mean EVERYWHERE. On tables I had dusted an hour before (no one in the house but me), on the ground, IN MY BED. I have kept every one of them, and in six months, I had collected over $5 in dimes. They slowed down after that. I guess Dad knew I had gotten the message.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bootsm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
First, I am so sorry for the passing of both of your cats. It's so sweet how even after 5 years, you continue to do a memorial.
I have had these types of things happen, many times. I do not believe they are coincidence. The day a rainbow formed outside my back door without a drop of rain after a brutal double loss taught me that.
The heater going out...it's strange that happened on the day she was cremated. My first thought was she was telling you that while she loved the external source of heat here on Earth, where she's at now, she doesn't need it anymore because there's no chance of her getting cold or chilled ever again. Maybe that was her way of telling you that.
First I’m so sorry you had to go through that :( and that’s an interesting theory. More confoeting than how I was feeling. And sorry, I should have clarified, my cat hasn’t been cremated yet. She was meant to be today but they haven’t confirmed :/ we just went there to say goodbyes.

bootsm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
AH, but don't take the heater going out as a bad sign, it was just the simplest, most direct way to let you know she was there, and knew you were thinking of her. Nothing less, just that. Yes, I believe in signs. My gran taught me that finding a dime meant someone who passed was thinking of you. After my dad died, I started finding dimes EVERYWHERE. I mean EVERYWHERE. On tables I had dusted an hour before (no one in the house but me), on the ground, IN MY BED. I have kept every one of them, and in six months, I had collected over $5 in dimes. They slowed down after that. I guess Dad knew I had gotten the message.
Wow that so amazing. ❤

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
First I’m so sorry you had to go through that :( and that’s an interesting theory. More confoeting than how I was feeling. And sorry, I should have clarified, my cat hasn’t been cremated yet. She was meant to be today but they haven’t confirmed :/ we just went there to say goodbyes.
More than likely, you'll get a certificate with the date of cremation when you bring her ashes home. You'll know for sure then. :hugs:
You saw something pretty amazing IMO the day after your cat who passed 5 years ago was cremated. Keep your eyes and ears open, you never know what you'll see or hear in the coming days. For me, it comes in spurts, then there's a dry period and then all kinds of cool stuff happens. Just pay attention. :)
I bought a little candle that is on an 8 hour timer. It comes on for 8 hours, then goes out. Every morning, that little candle comes on near their memorial spot inside my house, and I tell them "Good morning". It really brings me a smile.

bootsm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
More than likely, you'll get a certificate with the date of cremation when you bring her ashes home. You'll know for sure then. :hugs:
You saw something pretty amazing IMO the day after your cat who passed 5 years ago was cremated. Keep your eyes and ears open, you never know what you'll see or hear in the coming days. For me, it comes in spurts, then there's a dry period and then all kinds of cool stuff happens. Just pay attention. :)
I bought a little candle that is on an 8 hour timer. It comes on for 8 hours, then goes out. Every morning, that little candle comes on near their memorial spot inside my house, and I tell them "Good morning". It really brings me a smile.
That is so sweet about the candle :) And you are right, i saw some things today that i think might be something. Also, I know she was just cremated about an hour ago. An hour before that, I went on a walk. I saw this bright yellow plant hanging out from some bushes. It stuck out to me cause it was leaning and the flowers looked so unique. Also, the yellow was really bright against the green bushes. i decided to take a pic and as I was taking a pic, the flowers were wobbling up and down, almost like an animal excited to see you. Later, I looked up what the plant was an they're called kangaroo paw or aka cat paws. It also symbolizes a unique love.

And on the same walk, I found a feather that looked kind of like her, the same shades of brown. And the thing is, I've been keeping my eyes open, there are no feather anywhere. I've just not seen any. So I picked it up and not sure what kind of bird but it looks like it might be a mourning dove feather.

So I'm hoping these are signs from her, i just hope she's with her brother.

bootsm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I too think she was telling you she didn't need the heat anymore. A way, also, of showing you she was near and with you. There is no way that love, something spiritual, will just disappear. The 'essence' of your cats will always be a part of you, will always follow you, until the end of time.......
this was really special and brought tears to my eyes

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That is so sweet about the candle :) And you are right, i saw some things today that i think might be something. Also, I know she was just cremated about an hour ago. An hour before that, I went on a walk. I saw this bright yellow plant hanging out from some bushes. It stuck out to me cause it was leaning and the flowers looked so unique. Also, the yellow was really bright against the green bushes. i decided to take a pic and as I was taking a pic, the flowers were wobbling up and down, almost like an animal excited to see you. Later, I looked up what the plant was an they're called kangaroo paw or aka cat paws. It also symbolizes a unique love.

And on the same walk, I found a feather that looked kind of like her, the same shades of brown. And the thing is, I've been keeping my eyes open, there are no feather anywhere. I've just not seen any. So I picked it up and not sure what kind of bird but it looks like it might be a mourning dove feather.

So I'm hoping these are signs from her, i just hope she's with her brother.
Wow!!! Seeing as how you found feathers after your first cat passed, and today you found this one, I would find this so incredibly special as if it's a sign that they're together again. Doves symbolize freedom and love, just as that special cats paws flower does. :) They love you just as much as you love them, as that love never dies. Maybe the feathers you've found after BOTH of their passing symbolizes that freedom with love. That IMO is absolutely awesome!

skylerlark

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had many very significant signs during the first three days of my beloved Binx's passing of CKD in August. I'd mentioned to a friend back in February a strange odor had suddenly manifested, around the time Binx was first diagnosed. I hadn't given it too much thought then but now it's off and on subtle or very intense sporadically throughout every day/night. I looked up CKD in cats and it's said they sometimes give off an odor which is either alike ammonia or sweet. This odor is sweet. and can manifest at any time. I like to think it's his way of telling me he's still around. It couldn't be anything else. We don't have furniture here in Thailand, it's very minimalist and hard, so it's not that either. Besides, the odor is always in one spot, with me. And I shower/change clothes regularly, all of which have been laundered since his passing. Smell is the most evocative of the senses, so ..

skylerlark

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've had many signs from my beloved Binx who passed from CKD on 25th August but just last week, very early in the morning I heard his very clear single miaow next to my ear. I'm terrified he was saying gooodbye as I don't feel nor smell his scent any more. A poster on Quora, in relation to any cat said responded to an equally fearful post asking the same question answering 'It wasn't 'goodbye' they just check in from time to time'. I've asked an an animal communicator practice group if any of them have any info, but so far, nothing. Heartbroken. I live alone and Binx is irreplaceable. Thoughts very much appreciated.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I believe in signs. Most anyone you talk to who has been a nurse for a good length of time does. I was touched by your story and the others in this thread. I don't think the heater going out was a bad thing, just an "I'm here and I know you are" one. Our Garfield never came home from the emergency animal hospital, and to my horror the vet did CPR as he was dying. It never crossed my mind that this was a possibility. CPR saved lives, but it is brutal. It breaks ribs. I could not get it out of my head how scared and alone he was in his last moments. I had to go to the "people" hospital that day. No way to stay out; the vet called us at 4:00 a.m., right before I had to get up anyway. Only my BFF there knew the truth and was sympathetic. I was grateful to be in the birthing center, because I could cry as much as I wanted as the patient gave birth. (It is hauntingly beautiful and something I find emotionally overwhelming, anyway.) It would have seemed odd and upsetting to the patients in almost any other hospital setting.

We took pictures later near his grave in the backyard. I promise, all of them had a white winged shape right over the spot where we put him. I will always believe it was something not of this world. Maybe a sign, or maybe something we just happened to capture on film.

Bless you for being a kind and wonderful person.

And everyone please don't think I am against CPR. I know I made it sound awful. It is a skill I think everyone capable should know. I was just shocked it had been done to my cat, though I am grateful to the vet for his efforts.

Last edited: