Side effects of a vaccine?

Natalusky29

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A couple days ago all my cats were vaccinated ( I’ve got 4 cats 🐱) And one of them has her eye like if it was “closed” or a little bit swollen.

She’s been eating fine,playing,doing her things…but I can see that her eyes are kinda different when I look at her. I’m guessing this is an allergic reaction and nothing to be worried about but it’s weird.
47CE6DC1-9506-457E-9BFE-05FB1C4B3BD3.jpeg

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It might be a reaction. I would keep an eye on it and call the vet if it gets worse. Does she have a fever or hives? Any other swelling? Thankfully, it seems pretty mild so far! Allergic reactions to vaccines are not really that common, and severe reactions are even less common. (I lost a kitten to an allergic reaction to vaccines. He had an underlining genetic issue that we were not aware of prior to the vaccination.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Natalusky29

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It might be a reaction. I would keep an eye on it and call the vet if it gets worse. Does she have a fever or hives? Any other swelling? Thankfully, it seems pretty mild so far! Allergic reactions to vaccines are not really that common, and severe reactions are even less common. (I lost a kitten to an allergic reaction to vaccines. He had an underlining genetic issue that we were not aware of prior to the vaccination.)
I just texted the vet but I have to wait until tomorrow for the vet to answer but it may be that
I’m worried because she’s got epilepsy and vaccines are kind of stressful for both of us.

thank you for answering! :)

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just texted the vet but I have to wait until tomorrow for the vet to answer but it may be that
I’m worried because she’s got epilepsy and vaccines are kind of stressful for both of us.

thank you for answering! :)
You are welcome! I can completely understand being stressed. I am sure all will be fine, but, please, let us know what the vet says.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Natalusky29

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You are welcome! I can completely understand being stressed. I am sure all will be fine, but, please, let us know what the vet says.
Hi! It was a mild side effect I have to give her some drops but it’s nothing dangerous. :))