Sick Kitten?

JuelesL

kitten,health,sick
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I just recently discovered a litter of kittens in my garage and the mom is very skinny (and a stray) but I feed her daily, anyways her kittens have some green stuff coming out their eyes and they're kinda swollen. Is there any home remedies or antibiotics that I could give them?? :confused2: Please help!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi. Thank you for looking after this family. The kittens need an antibiotic eye ointment. They have infections, and need treatment urgently. Otherwise, they could lose their eyesite altogether.

How much and how often are you feeding the mom?

How many kittens are there? Can you post some photos so we can figure out age?

Is there any way to bring them into your house?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree the best is to take them inside into your house. If by no other reason, it will be easier to take care and foster & socialize. Well home socialized kittens are easy to adopt out!

With green pus its an infection for real, so its best to have a vet look at it.
If you dont have any vet nearby or dont afford, terramycin ointment is common to try with. Its an antibiotic, fairly easy to get even without prescripion tells our USA residents. Tractor supply and others, I believe.

Wash off the worst with a weak saline solution, and later on this terramycine. Careful, do one eye a time, so you dont happen to spread the infection from a infected eye to another.

Weak chamomille tea is good for soothening.