sick cat help please, already went to the vet

catcatcatcatcatyes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi so my 1yr old male ragdoll (13lbs) has been experiencing a stiff type of limp on his back two legs. he’s been crying a lot at me and constantly wants to leave the house, but not outside outside (i live in an apartment). he has been urinating and defecating normally for the past 4 days, other than today (no poop yet) which i’m guessing is because he’s barely eating. barely drinking water too i feel like. i’ve noticed that his nose is turning pale, close to white recently. before it would be a light pink, or it would be a darker blush, type of pink. i attached a video and i saw in another forum that someone had a similar cat that also has signs of white ears, and white gums when it previously used to be pink, but turns white. I see this on my cat, but i’ve never taken much notice to his ears since it’s covered by fur usually. i don’t have enough money to get a blood panel done ($475) even the cheapest one for what he needs is $375 they said. they just sent me home with gabapentin and asked me today if i wanted to pickup a appetite helper medication i forgot what it was. unfortunately i literally don’t have enough money to continue ubering back and forth :( i’m 16 yr old that takes care of the entire responsibility for my cat, i’m going to be gone for work tomorrow and sunday so i feel so bad but i have to 😔
A7CD628B-2AB3-48A6-880C-56176E94A74F.jpeg

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
This isn't something that can be treated without proper testing. He needs bloodwork, and quite possibly other, quite expensive tests, like an ultrasound of the heart. Sounds like he could potentially have a blood clot issue, and that's something that shouldn't wait. Is there anybody in your family who would be able to help you with vet fees?

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In the meantime you might try giving him NutriCal it's a vitamin supplement for cats and available threw sites like chewy and might help boost his red blood cells sounds like the poor baby's anemic do you use a flea medicine? Even in winter they can have fleas and fleas can lead to anemia. Good luck and see if someone can help or start a go fund me for you vet bill sounds like you're going to need it.

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You really do need to take him for blood tests. The mouth you posted doesn’t look abnormal and for that cat’s coloring the nose will turn different shades of pink normally. Is he limping all the time? Did you previously let him out where he may have fallen?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Without getting bloodwork done, what did the Vet say they thought it might be? I agree with the above poster that the first thing that came to mind was Anemia, but the Vet would have mentioned that I would have thought, just by looking. Did they? But that doesn't explain the issue with his back legs. Does explain loss of appetite though. Does he ever go all the way outside? Sometimes they can get ticks (or fleas) and can get diseases from them that can cause anemia