Shower or tub?

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Id expect a "deluxe" tub in any master suite I was buying. I take 1-2 baths per week (and 3 ish showers!), and boy do I enjoy that relaxation time. I clean my tub/shower 1x per week and have never had a ring/scum build up either...agree its probably the water, as mine isnt too hard here in Edmonton....

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wonder how many folks who think having a bath is icky, dirty but would jump into a hot tub with friends? A hot tub is dirtier and filthier than any bath in a clean tub. I wouldn't get in a hot tub for anything. I've heard of too many folks getting bad infections.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have shower/bath combos in both bathrooms.
The house came that way.
I prefer showers and so does my husband.
W are getting a hot tub for outside.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. If I want to sit in a hot tub, I want to do it outside, and preferably in the rain! Hot tubs are no worse than swimming pools for bacteria. That is why they are chlorinated and have filters. If they are properly maintained, they are very safe.

Here's my idea of a great shower. You can't see the whole thing, but there is no door. It is a round glass brick thing, plenty of shelves for shampoo, etc., bench to sit or for shaving legs, two great shower heads.

My cousin owns this condo and designed the interior of this unit. He is a RE developer.

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I must have two shower heads in my shower, one hand held, the other rain shower head.... that being said.... I LOVE BATHS I WISH my house had a tub, if it did I'd probally be in it right now instead of on TCS (my back/sholders are KILLING ME)

My #1 requirement for my frist home is the ablity to put in a HUGE whirlpool tub, and it will installed prior to us moving in! I take a bath EVERY chance I get, they are th emost relaxing things in the world, and with my fibromyalgia they most certaintly will help me medically. I would also like an outdoor hottub to share with friends too

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember a relatives house had a long double shower, I've never seen another one like it. You would probably have to renovate the bathroom, rather than find one already done.

Originally Posted by Yosemite

I clean my tub after every use as I stand there in the buff and the water is draining out. I don't have a ring around my tub ever.
I thought everyone did that
Only takes a second. I also squeegee the shower after use.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like both, but like someone else mentioned, having a bath if I've been out gardening or some other dirty job, would cause a shower afterwards.

I have lived in a house with just a tub.... uggggggggggggg. No way will I ever do that again.

I prefer showers, but baths have their place although not as much since I have a huge hottub.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom

I mean if you have a main bath, that is where you have a tub/shower combo. I don't take baths because I don't want to spend the time soaking in dirty scummy water, and then need to take a shower anyway to rinse off the soap scum. Yuck.

So my question is, am I nuts? I would much rather have a shower built for two so I can get sudsy with my hubby and he can wash my back. To me that is much sexier than a stupid oval tub. What do you say?
Your not nuts I dont take baths for that reason also all that skuzzy water just floating all around you..ICKY! I dont even put water in the tubs when bathing the cats or dog because I dont want them stepping in their dirt. I think your right tubs should be an option not a neccesity..Have you looked into just building your own house? Maybe that can be an option it would help solve the tub dillemma