Should my cat get x-rays ?

mberrio88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my cat was sick last week she wasn’t eating or drinking for two days and on top of that she was puking watery stuff … I took her to the emergency and they took blood out and they found an infection in her stomach (couldn’t even tell me what type of infection, I was so annoyed) but anyways, they gave her antibiotics and she finally started being herself again eating properly and going to the bathroom. However now I’m noticing she’s licking herself a lot and I know that’s not good. But maybe I’m just being paranoid 😞😞😞! after she was done licking herself I caught her gagging but nothing came out . should I take her to get X-rays ?? Also her posture has been very curvy ever since she got sick .please see pics.

1. is her gagging in a sitting position
2. Is her sitting on my window and her back really curved

Attachments

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi mberrio88 mberrio88 Welcome to The Cat site!

I would take her to the vet and let them access.

Get copies of the ER visit, along with whatever antibiotic they prescribed and bring those with you as well.

It could be that whatever the issue was that had you bring her to ER has not resolved completely or something else, could be to the the ER visit helped the initial issue but this is something ongoing.

Best to get the darling in for a follow-up. It's not pariniod at all. It is perfectly normal for you to be concerned, and warranted, about her as what's happening is not normal for her.

XOXO

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My best un-trained guess is that she's still nauseous. I think it's worth another visit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mberrio88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi mberrio88 mberrio88 Welcome to The Cat site!

I would take her to the vet and let them access.

Get copies of the ER visit, along with whatever antibiotic they prescribed and bring those with you as well.

It could be that whatever the issue was that had you bring her to ER has not resolved completely or something else, could be to the the ER visit helped the initial issue but this is something ongoing.

Best to get the darling in for a follow-up. It's not pariniod at all. It is perfectly normal for you to be concerned, and warranted, about her as what's happening is not normal for her.

XOXO
Thank you so much ! Going to call the vet :)

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope your baby gets to feeling better soon.
I know it is hard when our fur babies are sick and we don't know what is wrong because they are so good at hiding that anything is wrong.. sometimes all we have is picking up on subtle changes. Which by the way you know your baby better than anyone. Yes she got better eating and going to the bathroom but you noticed her posture is off, she is licking (I'm assuming more than normal for your baby) and her gagging. This is not paranoia at all. You know something isn't right with her which is great that you are being proactive trying to get her better asap rather than trying to wait. Good on you!
Please keep us posted on your precious baby.
You and your baby are in my thoughts and prayers for a full speedy recovery. ❤😸