Should I take my cat back if the incision opened up a bit ?

Tcp1041

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Earlier I noticed her incision was open but she hasnt changed her behavior and isn't in pain, still active and running around. I know that the pictures aren't as good and doesn't show what I am describing but it also looks like her hair around the incision is turning yellow as well.
IMG_20211212_003848681.jpg
IMG_20211212_003739512.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If in doubt send or take that picture to the vet and see what they say. I have had cats that have had their incisions open up much more than that and they healed fine, clear, watery discharge is normal, that may account for the 'yellow'. Keep watch every day and clean with a cat wound spray on a clean rag (found at any farm supply store like Tractor Supply) do not spray on the wound the noise scares the cat. You might ONE time take some hydrogen peroxide diluted half with water and apply it to the wound. Then apply some human antibiotic salve like Neosporin, etc. Just make sure it doesn't have pain killer in it, which is toxic to cats. I go by the cat's behavior. If they stop eating/drinking/using the litter box, or start hiding, then take them to the vet.

Catmeowmwow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Earlier I noticed her incision was open but she hasnt changed her behavior and isn't in pain, still active and running around. I know that the pictures aren't as good and doesn't show what I am describing but it also looks like her hair around the incision is turning yellow as well.View attachment 404071View attachment 404072
Try to clean it twice a day with sodium chloride 0.9 infused water, tap its water into the sterile gauze or cotton. Tap it gently and tap it again with other gauze to make the wound area dry. Apply the betason-n cream (betamethasone valeratneomycin sulfate) on the suture and on the open incision with cotton bud gently. Cover the wound with sterile gauze and tape it with non-stick tape/hypafix. Make sure that your cat doesn’t lick the wound and better if you wear her a cat clothes just for two days until the incision is closed.

Catmeowmwow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Try to clean it twice a day with sodium chloride 0.9 infused water, tap its water into the sterile gauze or cotton. Tap it gently and tap it again with other gauze to make the wound area dry. Apply the betason-n cream (betamethasone valeratneomycin sulfate) on the suture and on the open incision with cotton bud gently. Cover the wound with sterile gauze and tape it with non-stick tape/hypafix. Make sure that your cat doesn’t lick the wound and better if you wear her a cat clothes just for two days until the incision is closed.
Also try to message/whatsapp the vet that didi her surgery. May your cat get better soon :)