Should I be annoyed?

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

Both of us are quite irritated now with them. We'll probably see them all at the track this Sunday, too. Wonder what they'll say, if anything, since they've yet to acknowledge that they didn't bother showing when they said they would. We spent $145+ in food for this party, plus my in-laws bought 100 clams and a 1/2 bushel of oysters + a brand new steamer. Hubby bought a good bit of beer as well and I picked up a bottle of liquor (luckily hubby loves the liquor). I've thought about leaving a message on the site to all of them in our cookout thread. I did leave a sort of snide note towards them when I specificaly thanked one of our friends and his gf for coming.

Too bad my hubby was the one who "invited" flirty girl
Sort of indirectly, as he made the event public on facebook (whereas I sent out specific invites because I have people I didn't want showing up), but I was still
. I think she knew I wasn't thrilled with her being there though, since I wasn't a pleasant person towards here when she approached me - whether she had brought a guy with her or not, she gave me a bad vibe when she started hanging around my hubby at his shop and its hard for that to be erased, especially when I saw her continue to be flirty at the party. My MIL says it seems thats just kind of the person she is, and that she also seemed too dumb to interest hubby
She sort of said it at normal tone less than 5 feet away from her, too.

My brother put that comment right on FB so all of them could see it as well. A few people have given me the "oh a friend came into town unexpectedly" .. that sure is a lot of people dropping in randomly lately then, since 3 or 4 have said that now, but none of the ones who went to the track have admitted a thing to us or spoken to us. We did have a good time with those that mattered though, and we will remember this for our next get together.
It's a shame that you all put so much money into food and drink for these folks. I can't understand inconsiderate people. It sounds like it would have been a fun party.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

It just reminds me why I stopped hanging out with some people before, too. I could tell they were just using my hubby when they needed something, like an engine hoist, or his assistance working on a car. Other than that, we never heard from them, weren't even invited to weddings or birthday parties. I dropped those friends finally, and one day he realized it too and stopped bothering me about why I didn't like them anymore.

It seems to be going the same way now, more people who aren't worth our time and are inconsiderate. I actually think they'll act like nothing wrong happened if/when we see them.

It made me appreciate those who showed even more.
OMG Do I know all about that crap. Youd be amazed how many people stopped calling BF when he cleaned up his act stopped drinking. Literally his phone went from ringing 10x an hour to literally once or twice a day and it was always his dad or brother. It always amazes me that his phone will start ringing off the hook from one or two people from his past who are like "oh hey hows it going...btw can you help me with....." I will sit next to him and say NO NO NO NO NO. He doesnt need to go out of his way for these people they arent his friends. But in a roundabout way he does pay them back for trying to use him. He will charge them for work, like one guy wanted him to overhaul the underside of his car and BF was like well it will cost you $500 for it (its $800 for the work at a garage) the guy thought as long as he bought the parts BF would do it for free...He hasnt called back since.

People suck sometimes, especially the ones who are users and dont give anything back in a friendship they are just jerks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I certainly don't intend to extend invitations to them in the future. Those who showed look even better now
What irks me the most right now is that none of those who said they were coming have even made a peep about the fact they bailed and went to the track for a race that didn't even end up happening
(Mind you, most of them have to go near our house to get to the track, and when the other person never showed to race, they still could have come by). No "sorry we missed you party", "something else came up". Nothing. I really don't need them in my life, so I can be nice to them if I see them again, but as for favors or asking them to return for another party, forget it. I learned when I moved here that I didn't need a million friends, the HS mentality of "popularity" went away when I came to SC. My hubby might still invite them back in the future, since he tries to keep people happy all around him, even if there are times they do him wrong. I've done the "No. No. No." thing when he's gotten calls from those past friends trying to get him to do something for them. He told me I had to be his "No-er", I can just be that person again

The people who showed made it into a great party, lots of laughing, people interacting with others they didn't really know. Those who came to the last one wondered why it was such a small turnout this time, but we found it was really easy to enjoy ourselves with real friends. I guess the others did me a favor - didn't come eat my food - more for those who mattered, as well as some tasty leftovers (and I'm not big on leftovers but those brauts were goooood).