Shopping for a mattress set

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I imagine that is a sore point with Serta.  Even though Original Mattress Factory is only in 11 states they have really grown and took a big share of the market where they are .  It was started and is still run by one of their former VPs and a big point of his advertising is the double sided mattresses.  In their stores they even have other mattresses with a piece cut out of them alongside one of their mattresses to show the difference in construction.  The sets also come with an Amish built box spring.   That is silly about sleeping on a double sided mattress in a hotel, that sounds like the double sided mattress is out of the stone age and you don't know what you're asking for.  If they are so bad why would hotels want them?

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Toppers help!  We had one on our bed for a year before we got the Tempurpedic.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Still looking. We went to Mattress Rx in our town yesterday. I laid on a memory foam mattress for the first time. I really liked it, but it is quite expensive. It has a twenty year non prorated mattress and covers any sagging of more that three quarters of an inch. Poor hubby is just tired of laying on mattresses.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Memory foam is one of those things that some people really like and some don't, it's a personal thing.  Some people say that it took a long time for the odor to wear off.  I didn't have that problem with the topper that I had.  They are expensive though.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I keep forgetting to look and see who made our mattress when I'm in my bedroom.  I usually crawl in bed in the dark and don't get out till the last possible moment.  I will try to get that for you!
Memory foam is one of those things that some people really like and some don't, it's a personal thing.  Some people say that it took a long time for the odor to wear off.  I didn't have that problem with the topper that I had.  They are expensive though.
I agree; I've heard all kinds of reviews.  Before we bought our bed DH bought a cheap memory foam pillow and that did smell for a while.  Our bed came with 2 pillows and none of them really had an unpleasant odor. They did smell; but it was on the sweet side I guess.  I don't remember how long it lasted.  But the smell it did have didn't bother me.  I was a little nervous about that.