She's Whiny, And She Won't Stop.

Sshharkie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,

I am a proud owner of a five year old rescue female. Got her from my local shelter three years ago, she's spayed, up to date on her vaccinations, has another three year old kitty whom she ADORES and loves to play with, and has an eight year old doggie who she'll happily chill with.

Now, she's always been a very cuddly cat, and loves to love. But recently (the past four days or so?) She's been demanding about it.

Suddenly, for the first time since i've had her, she loves to whine. She'll make multiple demanding or 'distressed' meows and makes it very clear that she wants attention (i.e she'll roll on her back and raise her tail once I finally give in.) The only way to stop it? Pick her up, put her on my bed (which she can easily get onto herself) and pay AT LEAST 60% of my attention to her.

To put it a bit more into perspective, i'm a student whom just got on summer break and just so happened to fall feverishly ill. Considering the fact that I just got out of school and am sick, you'd think i'd be sleeping a lot, but I can't. Because SOMEONE woke me up at 6 am because she's a whiny baby.

Really, i'm just looking for a way to control it. I love her to bits and would give all of my attention to her if I could, but (especially now) I just can't.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :hellosmiley: I'm glad you joined the forum and came here for support/advice. I'm sorry you're spending your summer break not feeling well at the moment. In the meantime, here is an Article that may be helpful and address your cat's present behavior problem:
How To Set Healthy Boundaries For Your Cat
Good luck and I hope you feel better soon. :alright:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: I wonder if your cat senses that you're not feeling well, and is whining to attempt to make you feel better.

Keep an eye on her, though, and if you suspect she's not feeling well, be sure to consult your vet.

upload_2018-6-22_19-43-24.jpeg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Honestly, I think she's worried about you.
Seriously.
Hang in there, with her sweetness and for your health. What a darling cat.