She Wont Eat Anything...

Erock2887

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my cat for the past 4 days has not eaten anything but she is acting normal. nothing out of the norm besides not eating. I brought her to the vet twice and they cannot find anything wrong as of yet. When i go to get her food she comes to the pantry closet like she normally dos waiting for me to put food in her bowl. I put the food in her bowl and she smells it then walks away, shaking her leg as she walks away. i haven't seen her do that before. SO i figured maybe she is tired of her current food. i tried 3-4 different kinds of food dry/wet. and she still wont eat. Any suggestions????

Mango the Maine Coon

Big Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
A couple quick things to try:
•Different shapes of bowls or plates.
(some cats are weird about their whiskers touching the edges of the bowl, my cat went on a hunger strike until I found a different bowl.)

•Steam up a small room with a shower or bath and bring her in there.
(generally cats don’t eat anything without smelling it first, if they can’t smell it they won’t eat it, she could be congested or another smell nearby could be overwhelming her sense of smell).

•Different locations for the food.
(confirm that her food is not placed somewhere that makes her uncomfortable, I originally thought I should put my cats food in the corner or tucked away but he didn’t eat there he needed to be able to see the area around him since they are so vulnerable when eating and drinking in the wild. I moved Mango’s food to a spot where he could see the whole room, but out of the way enough that he wouldn’t feel like I would walk there.)

•Change the temperature of the food(some cats like warmer food and it also helps release more odor)

Good luck I hope you get some answers soon. :)

Mango the Maine Coon

Big Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
And if you get to the point where you desperately need to get food into her. You can look into something like “Nutri-Cal for Cats” if you can order it or pick it up in your area it’s just a very high calorie gel that is used as a nutritional supplement for cats who won’t eat or can’t eat for whatever reason.