She Likes It! She Really Really Likes It!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Over the years I have tried to buy cats beds for various cats. We've all bought that thing we are sure they will love only to have it ignored. Usually it ends up collecting dust, the box is more interesting, or its slept in once then abandoned.

But this time success! Apparently, Rocket has been sleeping in the cat bed every night after I go to bed. I have yet to actually see it myself (of course) but there is photographic evidence.

IMG952017081595214512.jpg
IMG952017081595212229.jpg

It actually makes me wonder how many times the "abandoned" beds were used when I wasn't around. :think:

It is a bigger cat bed because I got one big enough for Link. But he was too slow and Rocket claimed it. It has a hood over half of it, the sides are tall enough Rocket disappears, and the fabric is the heat reflective type so it is semi-self heating.

mokapi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know this feeling well!! I bought THREE beds not too long ago- two for the cats, one for the dog- and Keegan shunned both cats beds in lieu of the enormous, Dane-sized dog bed. I finally gave up and took one of the cat beds back.

Are all your cats snowshoes?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Are all your cats snowshoes?
I have two cats but three live in our house. My two are both snowshoe(ish) but it was by happenstance. And since I rarely pass up a chance to show off my cats, lol......

Link, a Snowshoe. He has the right body shape, personality and everything. Either actually a snowshoe or has the same genetic mix that makes a snowshoe. I got him when a friend of a friends mom cat died and he was orphaned; they kept his sister and gave him up. They claimed his Mom was pure Siamese. His eyes are that gorgeous bright blue that Snowshoes typically have. He never stops talking. He is extremely smart. He is long, lean and all angles.
20161030_103951.jpg

Rocket, a moggie Snowshoe lookalike. She is tiny, short and stubby with very little talking. She has tiny little paws, tiny barrel body and is very rounded all around. Other than look and energy level she is very anti-typical snowshoe. She was from a feral colony and dumped on my doorstep because they person feeding the colony only liked having kittens around. The feeder thought I would want Links kitten.... but Link has been fixed since he was 3 months old and he was a little over a year at that time, so not his.
20170514_142341.jpg

The cat who isn't mine, is my Moms cat, Nightfury. He is a bottle baby we found in a box. Big time cuddler and loves attention in any shape or form. He rarely leaves my Moms side when she is awake and anxiously awaits nap time each day.
IMG_3859.JPG

mokapi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are so beautiful!!! :redheartpump: Those blue eyes are incredible.

Nightfury looks so soft :lovecat3:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They are so beautiful!!! :redheartpump: Those blue eyes are incredible.

Nightfury looks so soft :lovecat3:
Thank you! :biggrin:

Nightfury is very sleek and smooth. He is fun to pet because you can literally just say his name and he starts rolling around and air kneading. Once you pet him he just melts and you can pet every single inch of him without any objections. Rocket is actually the soft one; she feels like one of those ultra plush blankets. He coat is a really short, fine and thick oddness. She also poofs during the winter and looks like a little ball with feet.

mokapi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you! :biggrin:

Nightfury is very sleek and smooth. He is fun to pet because you can literally just say his name and he starts rolling around and air kneading. Once you pet him he just melts and you can pet every single inch of him without any objections. Rocket is actually the soft one; she feels like one of those ultra plush blankets. He coat is a really short, fine and thick oddness. She also poofs during the winter and looks like a little ball with feet.
This is too much information to handle. I need a nap.

My cats are not smooth or plushy at all. I feel so left out of the soft cat club. :bawling:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
mokapi mokapi Just make sure you cat proof everything. Keep all kitchen doors padlocked so they don't raid your food. Always have a toy within reach. Ignore them at your own peril. Just basic Snowshoe 101 really. It will be fine.

You do have industrial earplugs already?

mokapi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
mokapi mokapi Just make sure you cat proof everything. Keep all kitchen doors padlocked so they don't raid your food. Always have a toy within reach. Ignore them at your own peril. Just basic Snowshoe 101 really. It will be fine.

You do have industrial earplugs already?
RAID MY FOOD :flail:

You poor souls. As far as industrial earplugs, no...they are chatty? Mrowmrow only talks when he wants food or needs assistance; Keegan only trills. I've heard him meow (more like a mew) approximately four times in the last five months.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
RAID MY FOOD :flail:

You poor souls. As far as industrial earplugs, no...they are chatty? Mrowmrow only talks when he wants food or needs assistance; Keegan only trills. I've heard him meow (more like a mew) approximately four times in the last five months.
Link never stops making noise.

Never.

He talks to himself, he talks to the other cats, he talks to us, he talks to the walls, he talks to the grass, he talks and talks and talk. Every variation of a meow he has made. He meows even when he has a toy in his mouth. He walks heavy (you always hear him coming). He jumps and lands with a thud. He cleans himself loudly (from across the room I can hear every single lick, sigh and turn he makes, no joke). He huffs and sighs when annoyed with the look. He snores in his sleep. Good news, there is never any doubt as to exactly where he is. So you know when to run. :running:

Thankfully, Rocket is silence and grace 95% of the time. So it balances. BUT, Link travels better so you need the earplugs.