Severe Pectus Excavatum kitten advice please.

Kitty Co

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, Hoping to get some advice on a P.E. kitten from catwoman707 catwoman707 please. 🙏

Cherry is currently too small for corrective surgery (560g).
She is on 24/7 oxygen in an incubator.

Any intermediary measures to enable her to survive and breath more comfortably would be wonderful! 💖

I'm hoping for advice on vests, sleeping positions, massage etc... anything to decrease the pressure and assist her to make it to the 1kg mark.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Here is one of catwoman707's threads where she describes how she has worked with flat chested kittens.
I am concerned about PE, though, as the ribs curl in and applying pressure to the outer edges of the ribs could make them curl in more, rather than curve out as in FC cats.

A brace was used in this case for PE:

I'm just concerned about homemade ones that may exacerbate the situation.

My boy has PE, but did not require an incubator. I was unable to get surgery as it wasn't a 'thing' here in Australia when I got him.
When do they say they can operate and how old is she?
'

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kitty Co

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here is one of catwoman707's threads where she describes how she has worked with flat chested kittens.
[/URL]
I am concerned about PE, though, as the ribs curl in and applying pressure to the outer edges of the ribs could make them curl in more, rather than curve out as in FC cats.

A brace was used in this case for PE:
[/URL]

I'm just concerned about homemade ones that may exacerbate the situation.

My boy has PE, but did not require an incubator. I was unable to get surgery as it wasn't a 'thing' here in Australia when I got him.
When do they say they can operate and how old is she?
'
Hi, thank you for that info!
She is 7 weeks old and surgery is scheduled for when she is 1kg.
I am enquiring for ideas on behalf of her foster carer.