Scooting

Zeus410

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In the past few weeks I’ve noticed my 8 month old male cat scoot his but after a bowl movement. I took him to the vet and ruled out worms. The vet cleaned out his anal glands, she said very little was in there but should see an improvement. He was ok for two days, he started doing it again. Brought him back to vet, nothing wrong with him so vet told me to add 1/8 tsp of fiber to his food 1x day. I have been doing that for about 3 weeks now and he’s still doing it. I contacted vet again and was told that he had a itchy butt or was just his way of cleaning it and to give him 12 mil of Benadryl 2x day, which I don’t feel comfortable doing. I haven’t changed his diet dine I got him so I don’t understand why now. I’m getting tired of cleaning up poop streaks daily and now when I see him head to the cat box my anxiety level soars. What can I do?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat does this when she's constipated. Can you try giving him more canned food to soften his poop? Also a hairball paste a few times a week might help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Zeus410

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He eats mostly canned food since he’s not fond of hard food, unless it’s those crunchy treats! He isn’t constipated and I highly doubt it’s a hair ball problem. He’s a short haired cat and is groomed regularly.