Scary Kitty

ink

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My border collie/ australian shepherd mix is wary of the cats. Sasha popped her in the nose one time and not hard but it still made an impression on the dog. She leaves them alone and they leave her alone. Except yesterday Katie (the dog) came in so dirty and muddy that her white ruff was dirt brown. So into the tub she went. After that, because she smelled different, Sasha was convinced she had never laid eyes on the dog. Then this morning (Katie always sleeps on her doggie pillow right next to my bed) Sasha went bounding over the bed and off onto the floor and low and behold there was that "strange" dog. She started spitting, Katie about jumped out of her skin before bailing up onto the bed where she peered fearfully back over the edge at the completely poofed out Sasha. Katie NEVER gets on the bed. Ever. But confronted with a small spitting cat that she could bite in half and she leaps up there for protection from me.

As of this evening Sasha has finally remembered who Katie is and they are laying companionably close to eachother.

clowangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww.. Katie sounds right adorable. ^_^ My dog was the same... although my dog was a small pekingese. And what he was afraid of was not a cat but my pet pigeon. That's right. My pet PIGEON. -_-; He was such a dork. Gods I miss him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ink

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clowangel

Awww.. Katie sounds right adorable. ^_^ My dog was the same... although my dog was a small pekingese. And what he was afraid of was not a cat but my pet pigeon. That's right. My pet PIGEON. -_-; He was such a dork. Gods I miss him.
A pigeon? LOL, isn't it funny what animals are afraid of.