Scab on neck, loss of hair in that spot.

Lilycup

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. I have Autumn, pictured, my 1.5 yr old and a 7.5 year old. Although they play and love they also fight. I get after them and they know when mom's coming with the water bottle to go to their separate corners. Well, 2 days ago I noticed a scab or something on Autumn. Did they play too rough and/or possibly fight when I wasn't around or is this a parasite. I'm a great fur mom, I just don't take them to the vet for every "ouie", just like I wouldn't for my human children, if I had any. Please will you help identify this. I know it's difficult via picture. I appreciate it. If it doesn't atleast start to clear up in a couple days, I will take her in. Autumn is spayed and up to Date on shots. Thank you so much for any and all help!!

Attachments

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you given her any of those "spot-on" flea treatments, lately?

One of the side effects of flea treatments like "Front Line" is a sore at the site where the medicine is applied.

If this is true, it wouldn't be a major problem as long as it doesn't get worse. Keep it clean with a wet cloth with warm water. Check for signs of infection. If it heals up on its own, you're all good. If it doesn't heal or shows signs of problems, call a vet.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sores take a long time to heal on a cat. I would get some wound spray for cats and apply it by spraying a cotton ball or small rag. (cats are afraid of the spraying sound) Or you could apply some human antibiotic salve (with no pain killers in it, toxic to cats) just triple antibiotic or whatever you have, for a few days and see if it starts getting better. If a week goes by and it isn't a little better or it starts getting worse, then bring her in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lilycup

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have you given her any of those "spot-on" flea treatments, lately?

One of the side effects of flea treatments like "Front Line" is a sore at the site where the medicine is applied.

If this is true, it wouldn't be a major problem as long as it doesn't get worse. Keep it clean with a wet cloth with warm water. Check for signs of infection. If it heals up on its own, you're all good. If it doesn't heal or shows signs of problems, call a vet.
No flea treatments. Thank you for the response. That is exactly what I'm doing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lilycup

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sores take a long time to heal on a cat. I would get some wound spray for cats and apply it by spraying a cotton ball or small rag. (cats are afraid of the spraying sound) Or you could apply some human antibiotic salve (with no pain killers in it, toxic to cats) just triple antibiotic or whatever you have, for a few days and see if it starts getting better. If a week goes by and it isn't a little better or it starts getting worse, then bring her in.
Thank you so much. I'm using a saline solution on a lint free towel.