Saying Goodbye

jodilsween

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We lost our beloved Osprey on Saturday. He was 19 1/2 years old and has been with us since basically the day we got married. He was the absolute sweetest cat ever. He has been a such a daily part of our lives that our home seems empty without him. We have another cat...Cassie, she is almost 15 years old and has never been alone. I worry about her. Honestly this is our first loss and both my husband and I are taking it hard. He had kidney issues the last few years but we made sure he was monitored and that his quality of like was good. Then last Friday he looked awful and had issues walking and going to the bathroom and we knew it was time. We never wanted him to suffer. So Saturday morning we took him to his last vet's visit and held him as he passed. We were able to get his ashes back yesterday and I have to say it was comforting to bring him home with us. He will always be missed and never forgotten. It is amazing the unconditional love he gave us over the years and how much a part of us he is.

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful, sweet face! What a beautiful, fitting tribute to a sweet boy that brought such love and joy to your life!
Osprey lived a long and happy life with his family. No amount of time on this earth is enough, we want them in our lives forever. You spared him the pain of a life that was no longer filled with the joy of living, of existing, not living. You gave him one last act of love, an act that broke your heart but set his soul free.
The bond of love you all share is a strong one. One built on love that brought years of happiness and joy to your home. His physical body may have let him down, but the love that he leaves you will forever surround you all. He leaves behind a legacy of love, memories that will eventually bring a smile to your lips not tears to your eyes like now.
Try not to dwell on the end. Do not let the pain overshadow all those good years. It is not as he would want. Go on with your lives seeking sunshine and joy, as you would want for him if you were the first to go. Celebrate knowing him and sharing your lives with him, it is a privilege to have had him in your life and so wonderful for your soul.
My heart cries for your pain, I hope you find comfort in the sympathy and empathy you find from those who share your pain. Thank you for letting us know of this sweet boy, he will be thought of and held in the prayers of many. Kiss sweet Cassie for me, she misses and mourns for him too. A hug for you all. Take care........RIP sweet Osprey. You will never be forgotten, and will be forever held in the hearts of those whose love you. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again.Good night, sleep tight, precious one!

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got my kitty Timmer's ashes back last night. It is a tremendous comfort to me to have him home. You gave your beautiful boy a wonderful, loving, safe home. That is worth it. Our hearts are full of their big wonderful love. You don't mourn alone. We are with you.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most of us here can empathize with what you are feeling, it is hard. I let one of mine go a little over a week ago and I have one left here that is 15 and had never been alone. Of course all cats are different but after about three days she became clingy and more vocal then usual. She then quit eating for almost two days. She is eating again and the clingy vocal behavior is over. She has staked out new places for her naps but I think she is through the missing her buddy part. I am not through it yet and won't be for awhile.

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She has staked out new places for her naps but I think she is through the missing her buddy part. I am not through it yet and won't be for awhile.
Denice, I have another kitty at home too and she has never been alone in the house. Now she is since Timmer passed on Friday. She was always the upstairs cat, because I had to keep them separated. She did come downstairs when I would switch them around daily but now she can do what she wants and she is afraid. I hope she comes around too. I sit alone downstairs in the evenings and she rarely joins me. When she does, I praise her and love her up but she's not used to it. Your message gives me hope that she too will come around.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for your loss, you had your little friend quite a long time although it is never long enough. You did all you could and took care of him very well, but it will take time to get over this loss. Take care of your other kitty, you all need each other now.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope your hearts heal a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: Condolences on your loss. My disabled daughter's companion cat was 18 years but we had so hoped for more. She passed in November, 2016, but I still miss her very much. I put those little, globe solar pathway lights that change color on her grave. In the lonely, wee hours of the night, I look upon her twinkling lights and recall my favorite memories of her - she was an amazing girl.