Saturday, August 23 - Question of the Day !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In the end, absolutely if you don't believe in the cause, don't have your heart in it, or don't feel strongly invested and feel your time or money would go better elsewhere, you'll prioritize other causes and bypass. I wouldn't seriously hold it against anyone personally for not participating. It's a summer trend that gained momentum because it's easily spread and it catches attention. Not to mention all the help it's gotten by spreading through celebrities all over the world.

The friend who nominated me is also one of very few (the same few I would have followed through the ice bucket challenge for) who would come out and do fun charity things with me, so we kind of repaid each other the favour of joining in. It's always fun to have company. :)
Yeah - pretty cool about the celebrity involvement now too which puts even more of a challenge for other celebrities to join the cause. :bigthumb:

Pretty cool about your friend and pulling together for charities IS so rewarding. My nephew has Juvenile Diabetes and was diagnosed at age three. :bawling: He is now 8. SO - I get really involved in JDRF with my SIL and brother with functions about three times per year. It is a fun way to band together all for someone you love. :heart3:

Last edited:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
BTW I just saw there is a parody of the ice bucket challenge.  It uses cats. It's called the mice bucket challenge.  Owners pour all the cats stuffed toy mice over their heads.  Hilarity ensues.  Look on Youtube, you'll probably find several lol.