Sams's Club & Costco

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Is the Costco brand called Kirkland? If so, Consumer Reports has rated many of the Kirkland stuff high or excellent. Things that come to mind are laundry detergent and some of the Kirkland cold cereals. I can check CR when I get a chance, but I remember Kirkland as being rated very well, even compared to national brands. I would love to have a Costco close to us.....would join in a heartbeat.

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Is the Costco brand called Kirkland? If so, Consumer Reports has rated many of the Kirkland stuff high or excellent. Things that come to mind are laundry detergent and some of the Kirkland cold cereals. I can check CR when I get a chance, but I remember Kirkland as being rated very well, even compared to national brands. I would love to have a Costco close to us.....would join in a heartbeat.
Yes, it is Kirkland. I remember reading that Kirkland brand vodka is supposed to be really good. Some people were wondering if it was really Grey Goose in a different bottle.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Costco contracts the same manufacturers that make name brand items to make their brand.  It started with shoes, if I recall.  They contracted the manufacturer who made Reebok to make a similar style shoe for them and re-branded it under their Kirkland name.  They've expanded their products quite a bit since then, and many of the other grocery stores have jumped on the bandwagon, marketing various foods under their own name.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We gave up the Sam's membership because we live so far away from any of the stores.