Sad to have to re-home.

FITZY29

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We adopted a cat who lived 4 doors down about 18 months ago. Long story short she couldn't exist comfortably with our existing cat so we made the decision to re-home her. I didn't quite realise how fond of her I'd become and was pretty upset when we handed her into the cat rescue adoption centre. Also, the parting was done under Covid compliance so we didn't have an opportunity for a proper goodbye. I feel guilty as I knew this has been coming for the last week or so. Frejya is a wonderfully friendly, to humans at least, girl so we sincerely hope she gets a good house as she'll make someone a lovely pet. My wife & I have made donations to the rescue centre so hopefully that will help all the incumbent residents!

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am really sorry that you had to do this because you sound like you really tried to make it work. I know it is easy for me to say but I think you did the right thing. I had a situation with two cats and I should have returned one to the shelter but I was so in love with him, I couldn't. Needless to say, I had to make structural changes in my house and keep these two cats separated for 8 years! It was very stressful on us but I really loved this cat. In hindsight (he has passed on and so has the other cat), it was not fair to the other cat and i feel guilty that I didn't take him back.
You are thinking of your original cat. Listen, there is plenty of love out there to go around for all of these animals and I pray he gets a loving home. I think he will.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Unfortunately, some cats just cannot get along. There are also cats that are meant to be an only cat. I adopted a cat from a mostly cage free rescue last month. The cats that were caged were either new to the shelter or cats that could not get along with other cats.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We adopted a cat who lived 4 doors down about 18 months ago. Long story short she couldn't exist comfortably with our existing cat so we made the decision to re-home her. I didn't quite realise how fond of her I'd become and was pretty upset when we handed her into the cat rescue adoption centre. Also, the parting was done under Covid compliance so we didn't have an opportunity for a proper goodbye. I feel guilty as I knew this has been coming for the last week or so. Frejya is a wonderfully friendly, to humans at least, girl so we sincerely hope she gets a good house as she'll make someone a lovely pet. My wife & I have made donations to the rescue centre so hopefully that will help all the incumbent residents!
I know that's a difficult situation . I had to do that before as well. I was transferred Abroad and wasn't able to take my Maine Coon boy.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. I am so sorry that you had to make such a hard decision. I know it just wrenched your hearts to do it. Sometimes, if two cats just cannot get along, you have to do what is best for them, no matter the pain to you.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear that. It always is hard to let go. I once had a cat that I also had to give up and handed over t a friend because she really could not live peacefully with Bourbon. When she was no longer in the house, it was really very difficult during the first several days. But I felt I had no choice as both she (her name is Brandy) and Bourbon had injuries the last time they fought. It was heartbreaking.