Runny Poops

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wonder why is that? As far as I can see, the active ingredient is indeed a probiotic strain, is it because it’s not an effective one? I’ve heard many people buy it for flavor enhancing for picky cats.
I’ve been using the Proviable by Nutramax, has many strains in it, but am looking for something more effective.
Proviable if I am not mistaken is the one with montmorillonite clay vets use for cat with diarrhea , so too much of it can potentially cause constipation. Many strains is good as long as they are appropriate for cats do not have fillers like some kind of sugar,brewers yeast, cellulose ,potato etc. What works for one cat may not work for another. In any case, I always start with an amount much smaller and work up slowly as mine in super sensitive to avoid issues.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When my boy gets runny poops, we give him human Culturelle, about 1/4 of a capsule mixed with his wet food twice a day. You can also give saccharomyces boulardii. Feline Gut Soothe or Healthy Gut by Adored Beast Apothecary may work for you. You can also try making slippery elm bark syrup. Bring 1/2 C of water to a boil. Remove from heat and whisk in 1 teaspoon slippery elm bark powder until it's the consistency of a raw egg yolk. Give 1/4 teaspoon twice a day in wet food until poops are firm. You can back off to once a day after that. Store syrup in the fridge for up to 7 days.