RUN OVER KITTY Warning - graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC.SAVVY

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Around three days ago, my brother saw two vehicles deliberately run a tiny kitten over on the side of the road. He immediately pulled over, put the kitten in his car, and came back home in an attempt to save its life. My whole family believed the kitten wouldn't make it due to its behavior (weak, slipping in/out of consciousness), so we tried to comfort it as much as possible. However, it is still alive. We wanted to feed it diluted soft food, but it appears to have a broken jaw, so feeding it is difficult. Also, its eyes and nostrils accumulated dried blood. Upon using a warm washcloth to clean the areas, I noticed what appears to be puss coming from its eyes. My mom and I removed as much of the white gook as we could and put eye ointment on the affected areas. What else should we do?

Any advice is greatly appreciated,
Thank you

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
You need to take the kitten to the vet right now.

A broken jaw is extremely painful, it won't heal on it's own. The kitten will need surgery to realign and reattach his jaw and will need to be fed by feeding tube while this is done.

Please don't wait any longer. Take the kitten to your nearest vet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JC.SAVVY

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
All the vets where I live are closed at the moment, and my father refuses to pay for any necessary provisions. Though I am not a cat person, this kitten holds a very special place in my heart, and I pray for its healing or peaceful departure. Thankfully, she is drinking some sugar water I am syringe-feeding her. There are bruises all over her little body, which sickens me, and her ears were infested with mites that I removed one by one. Thank you for your support, everybody.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omgoodness this poor baby needs medical attention asap. Being hit by not 1 but 2 cars... I can guarantee the kitten is in excruciating pain. Call the vets first thing tomorrow. Tell them this kitten was run over and it is not yours but you are trying to figure out where to take it for medical help.
Bruises all over its body, you don't know if it has internal bleeding how many other bones are broken brain damage etc it's a plethora of ailments that could be going on from being hit. Sorry I don't think you should just keep it at home. I know you are trying to do everything you can to help.
It needs pain meds
Surgery
Monitored for infections
Just so much that can not be done without proper medical care. Please please I beg you call around and see who will take this kitten in??!! Please find it in your heart to try to get this kitten help like tomorrow first thing in the morning start making calls to surrender the kitten at whatever vet will treat it. Or better yet if you can find an emergency vet hospital call and see if they will take it like now

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
There could very well be internal damage to her organs that you can't see. Extremly common with vehicular accidents. Only a vet will be able to determine this, they are trained to feel for these abnormalities.

A broken jaw will need to be reset and reconstructed, this is not a procidure you can just do by yourself.

JC.SAVVY

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am aware of all of this. First thing in the morning, I will contact all nearby vets to get this kitten medical attention ASAP. In the meantime, I will do all I can to comfort her. Thank you

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
First thing in the morning, I will contact all nearby vets to get this kitten medical attention ASAP. In the meantime, I will do all I can to comfort her.
I'm glad to hear you will be contacting a vet first thing tomorrow morning. I hope they can save this sweet kitten.:crossfingers: Sending special thoughts and healing vibes that she makes it through the night. :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: Please keep us updated, we'll be thinking of you.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any chance you caught the plate of the sickos who did this? Please report them even if you can only provide a breif vehical description (e.g. yellow Ford sedan 4 doors,)
Yes this.
Maybe along with a description, your brother might remember the license plate number. Even if he can remember just a couple letters/numbers on license plate this would help find the people who did this to this poor little baby.. I don't know what they can do but hopefully this would be able to hold the people that hit her accountable some how.

JC.SAVVY JC.SAVVY thank you for taking in the kitten and trying to help thus far. I hope you can find a vet that will accept it tomorrow. Please keep us posted? Again thank you for everything you have been doing

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I pray for its healing or peaceful departure
It was very sweet of you to try and help this kitten, but there are somethings that thoughts and prayers won't help. If you can't afford veterinary care to help this kitten recover, the most humane thing to do would be to take her to a shelter and ask them to euthanise her. A broken jaw is going to be absolutely agonizing, and she will probably have internal injuries as well.

If she doesn't get medical care she is going to be in so much pain and will eventually starve to death from not being able to eat. Please don't let her suffer. You need to take her to your nearest vet, Humane Society or animal shelter right now.

I am syringe-feeding her.
Syringe feeding a cat with a broken jaw is not a good idea. You will be applying pressure on the fractures, which will be very painful for her, and will probably make the breaks and dislocation worse. She won't be able to swallow properly with a broken jaw and will end up aspirating.

Death by aspirational pneumonia is also a very unpleasant way to go.

Please. Take her to a vet. If she can be helped you can come back here and ask for help with the vet's bills. You can start a Gofundme campaign for her

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Any chance you caught the plate of the sickos who did this? Please report them even if you can only provide a breif vehical description (e.g. yellow Ford sedan 4 doors,)
For all of us in general, best to report this to…ASPCA? Police? Who would be most likely to respond and what generally is the outcome?

JC.SAVVY

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It was very sweet of you to try and help this kitten, but there are somethings that thoughts and prayers won't help. If you can't afford veterinary care to help this kitten recover, the most humane thing to do would be to take her to a shelter and ask them to euthanise her. A broken jaw is going to be absolutely agonizing, and she will probably have internal injuries as well.

If she doesn't get medical care she is going to be in so much pain and will eventually starve to death from not being able to eat. Please don't let her suffer. You need to take her to your nearest vet, Humane Society or animal shelter right now.

Syringe feeding a cat with a broken jaw is not a good idea. You will be applying pressure on the fractures, which will be very painful for her, and will probably make the breaks and dislocation worse. She won't be able to swallow properly with a broken jaw and will end up aspirating.

Death by aspirational pneumonia is also a very unpleasant way to go.

Please. Take her to a vet. If she can be helped you can come back here and ask for help with the vet's bills. You can start a Gofundme campaign for her
That is absolutely awful to hear. I know her jaw must be in a lot of pain, so I merely applied sugar water to her lips (no pressure). I advised we should seek professional help for her, but my family will not pay the bills. However, now that I know others may help pay for the expenses, I will see if there is anything we can do to save this kitty. Thank you for your time and concern.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is absolutely awful to hear. I know her jaw must be in a lot of pain, so I merely applied sugar water to her lips (no pressure). I advised we should seek professional help for her, but my family will not pay the bills. However, now that I know others may help pay for the expenses, I will see if there is anything we can do to save this kitty. Thank you for your time and concern.
Call around let them know she's a stray tell them what happened and you're trying to find it help. you should be able to find a vet, animal emergency hospital, shelter, etc. to take her in. Without your family having to foot the bill.
Please call vets, emergency hospitals, and the shelters first thing in the morning and see where you can take her. You need to
Explain a stray kitten got hit by 2 cars explain her condition. Someone will take her. Usually animal shelters will take them. I know that's how it is in most places.
So you may just have to drop her off at a shelter. Either way it is inhumane to keep her home while she is suffering so bad. She needs professional medical help.
Yea you won't get her back but at least she will be getting help. That's what is important

Please keep us posted...

Last edited:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kudos to your brother and you!! Your mom and you have provided comfort and are offering superficial help in treating her annoying miseries & every little bit helps. Until you get into the vet, you can try playing "cat calming music" that is free on YouTube ( such as by Relax My Cat ) - it may help her brain deal with the pain. Also, limit loud noises and negative energy in her area. Even laughing can be annoying so try to keep her in a quiet, peaceful area and gently reassure. She has the heart and spirit of a warrior princess! :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :cheerleader: :soldier::redheartpump::heartshape::soldier::angel::heartshape:

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This may be someone’s kitten. The proper thing to do is to take her to a 24 hour facility and then they can contact animal control. That’s the only way if someone is looking for her, they would find her. Also it gets the kitten the care she needs asap. Call any hospital before going to make sure they are one of the ones that work with animal control. This is if you are in the US.

JC.SAVVY

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is there an update? JC.SAVVY JC.SAVVY
Well, I didn’t want to be the bearer of bad news but, the night before last, she was relieved of her anguish. My family and I will bury her along with our other losses as if she were our own. Thank you, everyone, for your concern and feedback. God bless

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
When a cat passes away, we lock the thread out of respect. Thank you for trying to help this kitten against the very tough odds that it was facing.

If you would like to post a remembrance of this kitten, you may do so in our Crossing the Bridge forum

Status
Not open for further replies.