Royal Canin Indoor - different colour than before

blumarine916

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For those who feed RC regularly, have you noticed their recent batches look paler than usual? I don’t have a picture to compare but when I refilled our remaining stock with a new package 3 days ago, I noticed the differences in colour. The old batch was a darker brown while the new batch looked pale, greenish. I’ve been having trouble getting stock for RC lately and was told about worldwide supply issues. My cat threw up about 1 hour after eating it. This happened twice already. I’m not sure if both cats threw up or only one of them.

Just wondering if anyone else notice the change in looks/colour of the kibbles.

I’ve fed them this for 8 years and it’s not easy to find an alternative. I’ve been planning to change to grain free but my cats won’t even eat the sample packs. They just sniffed and walk away, even the most expensive kind. Thankfully those were sample packs.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did you call them and ask if they have had a formula change? There is probably an 800 number on the package. I don't feed RC so cannot answer your question but figure the company should be able to tell you if you don't still have an old package to refer to. I'm guessing they had to adapt since there are worldwide supply issues. I know so many stores are short on stock that I'm guessing RC isn't the only one who's had a formula change just to accommodate demand. The food I feed one of mine also changed, and now the finicky guy isn't happy :frown:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blumarine916

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I will try to contact our local office to see if they have an answer.