rotating wet foods

beccamperr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
is it safe to rotate wet foods across different brands for a cat who doesn't appear to have a sensitive stomach? or is it better to stick to one brand and switch flavors? i know that dry food should usually be consistent (she eats purina pro plan) and i was wondering if its the same for wet

i'm wary of sticking my cat to one brand; i think there are a lot of things that wvasa-recognized brands like purina and hills lack in their food that smaller brands make up for, and vice versa of course. in my head, i think rotating would make sure she's getting a complete set of nutrients but this is my first cat so i have no experience!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
is it safe to rotate wet foods across different brands for a cat who doesn't appear to have a sensitive stomach? or is it better to stick to one brand and switch flavors? i know that dry food should usually be consistent (she eats purina pro plan) and i was wondering if its the same for wet

i'm wary of sticking my cat to one brand; i think there are a lot of things that wvasa-recognized brands like purina and hills lack in their food that smaller brands make up for, and vice versa of course. in my head, i think rotating would make sure she's getting a complete set of nutrients but this is my first cat so i have no experience!
If your cat is not a fussy eater and don’t have stomach complications that disagree with food, I see no problem doing that which is a good practice because if one brand or flavor runs out, you still have many choices that your cat will still eat as compared to fussy eaters and sensitive stomach cats.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
With Feeby, I have no recourse but to rotate foods, and it includes various brands and proteins, all canned. I try to never repeat the same food for at least a week - or more - in order to keep her eating to an acceptable level.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes definitely safe!
My vet encourages it as well due to all the COVID shortages and changes that happened. She said. A lot of people had trouble with their cats eating