Roku TV

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
on sale at target. What is this purpose of having roku TV? I assume it's only because you can use it instead of remote? My workout is on demand,only tv,so if I misplace the remote or it breaks I can't work out

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Roku is one of the streaming platforms. It's what I have. I have a Roku TV in the bedroom and a Roku streaming stick plugged into the TV in the living room.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Roku is one of the streaming platforms. It's what I have. I have a Roku TV in the bedroom and a Roku streaming stick plugged into the TV in the living room.
Mines a 40 inch panasonic TV and a roku stick bought separately. So I cannot lose it or break it

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A Roku TV comes up the same way as a TV with the Roku stick plugged into it.

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't even know what Roku TV is.
If it's a streaming TV service, I don't need it. Where I am, we receive countless TV channels which I don't watch, I don't need another one, so as not to watch that either.
If it has to do with exercise, I'm out again, I don't need a TV to exercise.

So, I agree with the OP statement:
"What is this purpose of having roku TV?"

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Roku box, not a TV. it's a streaming device, with a lot of free apps. You don't need a Roku TV, just get the box. I like the fact that i only need one remote and it's a simple one.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
on sale at target. What is this purpose of having roku TV? I assume it's only because you can use it instead of remote? My workout is on demand,only tv,so if I misplace the remote or it breaks I can't work out
You can always get a new remote and program it if yours breaks.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't even know what Roku TV is.
If it's a streaming TV service, I don't need it. Where I am, we receive countless TV channels which I don't watch, I don't need another one, so as not to watch that either.
If it has to do with exercise, I'm out again, I don't need a TV to exercise.

So, I agree with the OP statement:
"What is this purpose of having roku TV?"
I also have a roku box. The workouts I like are only on demand. I just remembered,I have some of his dvds!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have Roku. When we first got it, I only watched the Weather Channel, because I was used to the channels on Direct TV. Plus, I love the Weather Channel. Roku is a streaming service, and we have a lot of channels, though they come through Spectrum. We have to pay for it, but I like it now that I am used to it. I can record the reality TV shows I like on the cable option.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I originally got Roku because I could get Spectrum through it and I wanted to get a TV for the bedroom. I now have discontinued Spectrum because the price kept increasing until it got ridiculous for me anyway. I now have Sling which is half what I was paying for Spectrum. I also paid for a year of HBO Max last summer but I don't know if I will renew it or not, I don't watch it that much. The Roku channel has a lot of free shows.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Roku added recently Catch Me If You Can, love that movie! My favorite series are Lucifer and Riverdale.