Robot Litter Best Natural Litter Out Thereget Arobot Litter To

love2fly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello I am considering to my 3 yrs old ragdoll cat. She have been using swheat scoop.
However I am afraid it won’t work well in the robot litter.
What kind of non toxic litter that will work with machine?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

love2fly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry I wanted to say I am considering buy the robot litter machine. However I am afraid swheat scoop won’t work well.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! :wave3:

I have never owned one so I turned to the Litter Robot website. This is from their FAQ page:

Q: Does the Litter-Robot require special litter?

A: The Litter-Robot works well with almost any clumping or scoopable litter. Litter beads and crystals that are small enough to pass through the screen will also work.

The Litter-Robot is not compatible with litters that are strictly absorbent, non-clumping, loose clumping, newspaper-based, or wood-based pellets. You'll find these incompatible litters create a muddy mess and interfere with the sifting process.

Feline Pine is not compatible with the Litter-Robot. The large pellet size does not sift well. It builds up on the screen, causing clean pellets to spill into the waste drawer during the cleaning cycle.

Self Cleaning Automatic Litter Box for Cats | Litter-Robot™

FAQ page

Self Cleaning Automatic Litter Box Questions | Litter-Robot™

love2fly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kat0121,

Thank you for your help.
I had read their website before as well contacted them.
I was just hoping to get a review/suggestion/referral from an outside customer.

love2fly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I contacted the manufacturer to learn if swheat scoop was compatible with the machine.
This is the response I got:

Hi Isabela,

Thank you for contacting us.

We don't recommend using Swheat Scoop however it is compatible with the Litter-Robot.

We recommend clay clumping litter for best results. Here are a few things to consider when trying out alternative litters. As long as it's clumping, it will work in the unit, however, user experience varies based on your cat's waste, volume, and environment.We can provide you simple test instructions to determine if the litter will work with your unit.

Plant Based (Wheat, Corn, etc.)
These litters are not typically suitable for the unit as they do not clump well. Keep in mind that plant-based litters can decompose quicker. This may produce extra litter box odor and gases. If you notice this, change the waste drawer more frequently. These litter types also tend to produce a little more litter dust, track, and sticking clumps on the inside of the unit. These litter types also tend to hold onto moisture and can cause corrosion to the metals and wiring inside the base.

Pellet Shaped Litters (Pine, Newspaper, etc.)
Larger pellet based litters do not sift through the screen. Often they are not clumping. We do not recommend using this litter type in the unit.

Other Non-Clumping Litter
Is not recommended for the unit. The exception is crystal based litters such as "NullOdor". These will dry out waste so it drops in the drawer. Urine will be absorbed, moisture dispersed, but, will not leave the unit as a clump. User experience varies.
Best Regards,

Rachel Jackson
Customer Service Representative
Automated Pet Care Products - 877-250-7729

This is a Automated Pet Care Products Inc message delivered by Kayako.