Rivel's accidentally caught in door. Looks okay, but just to be sure

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So glad i close the door gently. She was standing near the door and her tail was inside the opening between the door hinges, i closed it and she yelped and i realized her tail was caught inside. Door thankfully isn't fully closed, I quickly opened the door again she ran.

She was mad for about an hour and half, i treated her to my premium grade steak seared with some olive oil.

She seems to have forgiven me, but i am worried about injury. She doesn't lick that area and doesn't seem to react when i touched her tail. Any other signs i should watch for?

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't worry to much as long as she is letting you touch her tail and she's not licking it. You didn't say is she moving it fine if it looks like she is not then get her checked by the vet. But I really think she's going to be fine I have trapped stood on and fallen over my cat's and after they have got over the shock it's been me who was left worrying and feeling bad.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did the same thing to Gracie not too long ago. At first I thought it was her paw but it was probably her tail. After a quick check, she seemed ok. No hurt feelings (she leaves that for pillows being thrown at her :lol: ) and she was back to normal immediately. I have noticed though that she doesn't stand behind that door anymore too.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had an "oh crap" moment this morning. I was getting dressed for work and knew Gracie was somewhere behind me. I take a step back and step on something hard. I quickly moved thinking it was her. Nope. It was my shoe! 🤣

Lulu&Finn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm glad your baby is ok. Cats are quick learners I've found. I bet that doesn't happen again. Lulu got into the most trouble I've ever seen a cat get into. One horrifying incident was we were watching the Superbowl and we heard ungodly screaming, it sounded human and I thought it was my daughter. She closed the washing machine on her paw! She was hanging. Luckily after a trip to the emergency vet she was deemed ok and she started putting weight back on it by the time we got home.

She doesn't ever step foot inside that bathroom now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm glad your baby is ok. Cats are quick learners I've found. I bet that doesn't happen again. Lulu got into the most trouble I've ever seen a cat get into. One horrifying incident was we were watching the Superbowl and we heard ungodly screaming, it sounded human and I thought it was my daughter. She closed the washing machine on her paw! She was hanging. Luckily after a trip to the emergency vet she was deemed ok and she started putting weight back on it by the time we got home.

She doesn't ever step foot inside that bathroom now.
Yeah, i am semi paranoid when it comes to her hurting herself lol. After cooking i stay in the kitchen until the stove cools down so when she feels mischievous, she didn't accidentally lick hot stove.

Glad yours is okay too.

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I figure having a cat is about the same as having a 2 year old. Everything I don’t want the cat to touch is put away inside a closed cabinet, and the doors to rooms where they can cause mischief or get hurt stay closed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I figure having a cat is about the same as having a 2 year old. Everything I don’t want the cat to touch is put away inside a closed cabinet, and the doors to rooms where they can cause mischief or get hurt stay closed.
I think jackson galaxy said something like "toddler that can reach ceilings " which is pretty accurate even tho i dont have kids