RIP Miss Chiquita

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope it's okay to post this, as she was not my cat. She was the office cat at the rescue where I volunteer. She was loved by so many people it's heartbreaking to know she's gone. I did get a chance to visit with her on Tuesday, and I'm happy we went. She was the office greeter and donation tester, and just an all around beautiful little lady. I miss her already.
1699561066079.png

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Chiquita, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on more hearts than you can imagine, and forever.

It is fine, and more than fine, to put a tribute to Chiquita here. Do we not grieve a beloved coworker when they die? Were they not a part of our lives, no longer there? Of course, your lovely tribute belongs here, where you may share both your sorrow at her passing and your joy that she was a part of your life!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course, you can post your tribute! EVERY cat is precious, I mourn and pray for every little one who dies. Feral, beloved housecat, strays, every one of them.....
That photo is striking! She looks every bit like the regal queen lording over her kingdom. What a beautiful face,
cats can worm their way into our hearts with an efficiency that is scary. Even when we don't want to feel the pain anymore when they pass, especially then. She was a part of your life, had a good life being office manager, and is beloved by many. To be remembered after we pass is a great honor. That photo deserves a place of honor on the office wall.
I read an article the other day that said that in 50 years after we pass we won't even really be remembered anymore. That hit home. it isn't what we amass while we are here, it is what we do to be remembered that counts. Gentleness and kindness goes a long way, what we did, not what we had. to be mourned is a tribute to the love we carry for for someone we hold very special in our lives. Cherish your memories and the ones who gave them to us.
I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers, you, because you loved that little girl enough to tell the world about her, and mourns her passing, and her because she deserves it for the love and memories she gave to everyone who grew to know her. Thank you for telling us about her. RIP beautiful Miss Chiquita. You will always be remembered, you will always have secure places in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you in His loving arms.

Last edited: