RIP Lenora

ms meow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our cat, Lenora, died today around noon. Lenora was diagnosed with cancer about a year ago, the same day our cat, Sapphire, died the same way. That was a blow! We let her die naturally at home. Both were allowed to die at home and both died peaceful, beautiful deaths. Sapphire had died cuddled in my daughters arms with a beautiful smile on her face and her little arms stretched towards heaven. Lenora died today peaceful and surrounded by our other cats who were keeping vigil. One was even cuddling with her. She, too, stretched out her arms and was gone. My daughter now calls this behavior the 'leap towards the light'. It was simply beautiful. I'm in tears.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our cat, Lenora, died today around noon. Lenora was diagnosed with cancer about a year ago, the same day our cat, Sapphire, died the same way. That was a blow! We let her die naturally at home. Both were allowed to die at home and both died peaceful, beautiful deaths. Sapphire had died cuddled in my daughters arms with a beautiful smile on her face and her little arms stretched towards heaven. Lenora died today peaceful and surrounded by our other cats who were keeping vigil. One was even cuddling with her. She, too, stretched out her arms and was gone. My daughter now calls this behavior the 'leap towards the light'. It was simply beautiful. I'm in tears.
I'm so sorry for your losses. I wish I could be welcoming you to TCS under happier circumstances. 

I'm glad that your cats were able to cross the bridge peacefully and surrounded by those who loved them- both human and feline. They will never forget any of you or the years of love and friendship that you all shared. You will meet them again when the time is right. In the meantime, they are free of illness and will never be in pain again. They will always love all of you. 

RIP Sweet Lenora and Sapphire. 

jolie0216

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes I am sorry for your loss as well, but it sounds like Lenora & Sapphire departed in the best possible way, peacefully at home surrounded by family 

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you on the loss of your family members, please accept my condolences. They died at home, surrounded by those they loved the most, that must have been so comforting to those sweet little angels. The hole in your heart will take a long time to heal, and even then it will leave a scar to remind you of your loss, I pray your precious memories will bring you comfort in your time of sorrow. You gave them a wonderful life, full of love and companionship, that is all they ever wanted, and now they will wait protected and warm on the lap of angels at the Rainbow Bridge. Please try to celebrate the love they left you as their legacy, they would never want you to feel such sorrow because they had to leave. Let the love they left you grow in your heart and fill it with sunshine and smiles, for that is where that love dwells now when you need it, to comfort you and bring you peace. The bond you formed will never leave you, it can never be taken from you as long as you are alive to cherish that wonderful legacy they left in your care. Take care of yourself, and give those  little ones left behind a kiss from me, they miss their sisters as well.  RIP dear Lenora, may your journey be swift to join Sapphire at the Rainbow Bridge, you both will never be forgotten and will forever be held in loving hearts!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your loss of Lenora and Sapphire. It's difficult to deal with the passing of two family members in such a short time . :rbheart:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sorry for your family's loss of Lenora and Sapphire.  What your daughter said is very beautiful.