Ringworm or something else

Ldschaefer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two male cats almost 3 that I have had since kittens. Once in a while they get into it and one has a tendency to bite at the other and a year ago I had to take him to the vet for an antibiotic shot. Fast forward to this year and I see what look like sores on my cat. I assume it is from them okay fighting since they have a history of that. My son gets a red spot that looks fungalish but doesn’t look like the typical ringworm so I start to consider my cat has ringworm. I called the vet and since they were in for check ups recently they prescribed an oral fungal meds. I looked at the sores under a black light and I see a slight green but not a bright green like the usual. I take him to the vet today to get a definitive answer on if it’s ringworm and they didn’t see a green color under light but gave him a antibiotic shot and told me to continue the antifungal since I mentioned my son having a suspicious spot (it’s gone now) I have no sign of anything on me. They said ringworm makes bald spots which my cat has sores not really bald spots. They told me to isolate my cat until he healed. My question is if I have been around them the entire time and I confine them to my living room which is hardwood would that be good enough? That’s the easiest place to clean since my bedrooms are carpet. My other cat has nothing on him at all. I just dont know how to handle this situation because if I put them in a room alone I know they will stress out.
I just don’t know what to do.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Although we are not vets and cannot give medical advice please feel free to post a pic of the sores on your cat(s) if you would like. Regarding the suspicious spot on your son, did you call the pediatrician or family doctor to have them look at it? To answer your question about cleaning and how to deal with ringworm I thought this TCS Article might have some helpful information for you:
How to Deal with Ringworm in Cats [Inc. the Housecleaning Regime] - TheCatSite

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ldschaefer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The spot my son had is almost gone he has an appointment though. He has other health issues so that not be related. Here are some pics of my cat.

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for the two pics and I'm sorry your cat and you are dealing with this health issue. I would be particularly concerned after seeing the sore in the second pic. Did the anti fungal meds help? Have you considered getting a second opinion preferably from a feline vet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ldschaefer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well they seem to be healing and no green glow under black light. He has a total of 6 spots with that one the worst in the neck. Some of the spots clearly look like bites from his brother He’s on oral anti fungal had an antibiotic shot and topical meds. I have handled him all along and me and my husband have zero spots on us. I hope this will be behind me soon.