Revolution Plus or Revolution for Cat Mange?

kei3900

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two questions:

1. Is it Revolution Plus or Revolution that is supposed to help stop cat mange?

2. If a cat can't be handled, what would be the best treatment for mange? For instance, is there a pill or spray?

Thanks

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
When my dog was a rescue puppy, he had mange and was treated with the old variety of Revolution, successfully. However, he had been taken to a vet who determined the dosage and his rescuers were sure it was mange....so that is a good question.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kei3900

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two questions:

1. Is it Revolution Plus or Revolution that is supposed to help stop cat mange?

2. If a cat can't be handled, what would be the best treatment for mange? For instance, is there a pill or spray?

Thanks
Some people are saying Revolution, but I have seen other posts on this website where people said Revolution Plus. Plus is supposed to have the same ingredient as Revolution, plus an extra one that may also possibly kill mites. Should Revolution Plus work?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Regular Revolution worked for my dog, but that was before the Plus version was even invented.

Usually, coming at any cat, much less one that can't be handled, with a spray bottle is going to be pointless. There are medications which you will need to get from a vet. There are also some topical treatments, but the cat cannot be handled. If you intend to try Revolution, you need to get the proper dosage and intervals from a vet.