Retirement Delayed

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found out the other day that I am stuck working until the end of the year because I made to much money this year. I would lose part of my social security if I retired in October like I hoped. I know it is only 2 more months but honestly I am worried about making it that long with my bad knees. November and December are busy months and require some heavy work due to the holidays, which really hurts my knees. On delivery days I come home from work and just sit with my feet up - can't do anything else. On the plus side, I found out that I get paid for the entire 7 weeks worth of vacation time I earned for the year when I retire!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dont look at it as 2 months, just get through one day at a time. It will pass quicker than you think. Focus on all of the lovely things you will be doing in the new year.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I understand your concerns and hope your knees don't suffer. :hugs: Be kind and pamper yourself all the while thinking about January and being off work instead. Unfortunately it's not worth leaving early if it means losing part of your social security. Best of luck!