Results from the meeting

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I sure hope the records don't get "lost" in the meantime...

Just a thought... I've posted this before...
When I was a poor working student and needed $400 for my kitty Moon-Pie's surgery, I organized a little get-together and invited all my friends and co-workers. I photocopied invitations with a picture of Moon-Pie on the front, and the invitation explained that the event was a benefit to raise money for Moon-Pie's surgery. I made appetizers - it didn't cost much at all - and my friends came, they brought wine and beer, and everybody contributed to the good cause. (Afterwards, I sent a thank-you booklet to each contributor that contained the recipes of the appetizers I had cooked.)

I had another friend collect the donations so all would be on the up-and-up. Everybody enjoyed getting together and it was worth it to them to have a nice time and help out for a good cause.

I'll bet you have friends and know people who loved your mom. Perhaps you could organize a get-together like this to raise the $250+? People like to help out when it's a good cause, and most people can afford $10 or $20...

I hope this helps. My heart goes out to you, too.
The lawyer told me it could cost thousands! Y, I have the money, but I have been saving since college and this was so I could start my own life without being in debt. That is not even including if I need to file a claim and the chances again, are slim. So I would be spending thousaunds up to $5,000 or more just to find out if there was enough evidence.

If I know my mom, she would stand up for what she believes in, but also is realistic, and knows when a fight may not even have a chance. She would not want me to squander away all my money that I have worked for no matter how wrong it may seem. I still have time so I will wait.

I am picking up the forms today for my dad to sign. I want to get those ASAP. If I can't pursue this, I may try to be proactive and do something in her memory that has nothing to do with this place.

Right now, I really hate my life and what has happened. I know that it can always get worse. If something happens to my dad, then I'm done. I won't have any sense of reality left.

My life seems to have no meaning any longer and each day that I wake up I just go through the motions. I don't have any joy anymore. I am still struggling to try and start a new life, but it is not easy. What's left when once you lose everything you once knew?

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's left is a different life. It may be slow going now, but you will get there.

It sounds like you should give this pursuit a rest. Please go to the library and check out some books about what you are going through. It will help so much.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Dutchess,
I read so many of your posts and see that you feel so depressed after the loss of your Mom. I am certian I would feel the same way. I wish there were something I could say to help you feel better, but there isn't. You are in my prayers.

I do think that getting through this investigation will help you gain some closure and enable you to begin getting your life back together. I'm suprised that you and/or your dad are not entitled to all of the records either free of charge or for a nominal fee. Some things are so unfair. It makes me angry and sad and I am not even in your situation.

I think you are on the right track when you suggested doing something in your Mom's memory. I am sure that she was an exceptional woman and deserves to be remembered. I am certian that she was proud to have you for her daughter as well. I am truly sorry that you are going through all of this.

othie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know any of the details, but based on what I read, if I was in your place I would go in and have a "friendly chat" with them. Telling them how you would really like to avoid spending the money for a lawyer, even though you have it (just so they dont think they can brush you off since you can't over the lawyer), but that you need straight answers and you will would have to get the records, free of cost. Maybe throw in how important it was to your mother to stand up for what she believed in, and how you worry someone else might be hurt if something isn't done...
For what its worth I know that atleast in my college there are students in the law area that would be happy to tell you what you could do and the right terms to use, heh somehow they find it exciting, I think its almost as bad as math personality, but if money is a issue and you want to be more sure of what your saying before you, its one choice....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

Oh Dutchess,
I read so many of your posts and see that you feel so depressed after the loss of your Mom. I am certian I would feel the same way. I wish there were something I could say to help you feel better, but there isn't. You are in my prayers.

I do think that getting through this investigation will help you gain some closure and enable you to begin getting your life back together. I'm suprised that you and/or your dad are not entitled to all of the records either free of charge or for a nominal fee. Some things are so unfair. It makes me angry and sad and I am not even in your situation.

I think you are on the right track when you suggested doing something in your Mom's memory. I am sure that she was an exceptional woman and deserves to be remembered. I am certian that she was proud to have you for her daughter as well. I am truly sorry that you are going through all of this.
Your post was very touching and kind. I am probably going to try and do something for her instead because she was always a very giving person even if she didn't have much, she always gave to others.

I still have to take care of my dad to an extent because he isn't in the best of health.

I am angry and frustrated with the hospital and I work there! It makes going to work a daily nightmare and sometimes I don't know how I even get myself to go. I no longer have any faith and I certainly don't trust the hospital which may cause me to cancel all future appointments. They can't figure out what is wrong with me so why waste more money just to hear more of the same?

I'm open to any ideas about what I can do in her memory. One member mentioned st judes, but I'd like to see what other options are out there.

I've learned that life is not fair and nothing is guaranteed to you. I was doing ok for a while, but not it's just stirred up the beehive again. You have all been so wonderful. Only a couple of people know of what I have done at work and I have not even told any friends about it. Maybe one day I'll figure out what my purpose in life is...

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time dealing with this. I can't begin to imagine how hard it must be to have lost your mother.

Some of the things you say about how you are feeling really worry me. I hope that you are seeing a grief councilor or a therapist. And one not affiliated with the hospital where you work. If not please consider seeing someone. It really does help.

For the time being you should just try to play nice and get whatever records you can. Then decide what you can do based on what they say. I don't think that they would incriminate themselves but you don't know where you stand with no records.

Also I think that you need to start seriously looking for a new job. Being so unhappy is not going to help you heal from your loss. And you need to get away from this place that has so many bad memories.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by othie

I don't know any of the details, but based on what I read, if I was in your place I would go in and have a "friendly chat" with them. Telling them how you would really like to avoid spending the money for a lawyer, even though you have it (just so they dont think they can brush you off since you can't over the lawyer), but that you need straight answers and you will would have to get the records, free of cost. Maybe throw in how important it was to your mother to stand up for what she believed in, and how you worry someone else might be hurt if something isn't done...
i think this is a excellent idea. wouldn't cost anything to try, at any rate.
Sabrina - keeping you & your situation in my