Research Study On Why Cats Get Adopted

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, she was very feral. But she was in heat, so she was very friendly for about a week. Then she snapped out of it and was like "Where am I?" She's still a little bit mean, doesn't like to be petted much, but she's coming around. But yeah, she stood up on her hind legs and went bang, bang, bang on the outside metal door with both paws!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, she was very feral. But she was in heat, so she was very friendly for about a week. Then she snapped out of it and was like "Where am I?" She's still a little bit mean, doesn't like to be petted much, but she's coming around. But yeah, she stood up on her hind legs and went bang, bang, bang on the outside metal door with both paws!
Rocket knocks on doors and closets like that for us to open them (or wake me up). So much nicer then the clawing at screens or yelling.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, she still does that on windows when she sees the neighbor's cats outside. It's really cute.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't adopt either of my cats from a shelter, but I feel like I really did adopt them from outside in a way. Maggie knocked at the door, but Demi actually came under the door! He was so little, about 4 to 6 weeks old and he fit under the wooden garage door. He was feral too. So if you are counting feral cats for this thread- the reason why they got adopted was because they were so persistent! :D

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll agree with that. That's how I got Shadow, she claimed us and our home as hers as I stood in shock that a cat just walked right by me into my condo.
It's amazing how cats just know where they'll be welcome.

My next door neighbor's dog died awhile back, and he didn't feel he was ready yet to bring another pet into his life. But one morning he woke up to find one of the cats that had been abandoned in our neighborhood lying on his couch, apparently having entered via the doggie door during the night. So he figured it was simply meant to be. :)

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's amazing how cats just know where they'll be welcome
I think most animals know. Our neighbor had a rabbit when I was a kid and that rabbit busted out of its cage and dug through to our yard at least once a month. We'd find him lounging in our yard fast asleep. Eventually the neighbors gave up and we acquired a rabbit.