Rescued cat waiting for foster crying constantly

leeann77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! I used to feed and TNR ferals but eventually found a foster organization that will take the friendly ones! I found a super friendly cat in my yard and just picked it up and brought it in, no microchip though. The foster place will take her in a couple of weeks. I live alone and have her separated from my cat until I get her tested but also my cat doesn’t do well with other cats. In the meantime I have her set up in an empty bedroom with beds, toys, windows, etc but can see on the camera she is crying constantly the whole time I’m gone! I feel horrible plus it has to be driving my cat crazy in the house.
I played with her like crazy before work to get her tired, plus she had a bath today but she won’t sleep.
I’m currently working the 3-11pm shift, so she’s alone my whole shift, then I go home and play a bit and have to put her in a double crate in the basement while I’m sleeping so they don’t fight.

I don’t know how I’m going to make it two or more weeks before the foster takes her! Do I just let her cry and literally climb the windows every night? I can’t bring her to work with me, I know she just wants company.
I’d appreciate any advice! I’m not sure what other fosters do, I’m kind of a ”pre” foster. Thank you!!!!!

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There may be more facts/details to what you've written, but frankly, my jaw dropped when I read

I found a super friendly cat in my yard and just picked it up and brought it in

In the absence of any other information posted, can I ask what suggests to you that she is an unowned cat?

catmoon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I actually have some experience with this. Last summer I took in a pregnant friendly stray and had her set up in her own room away from my two cats.

My first question is have you tried to locate an owner? If you know of any local lost pet social media pages you can start there, or post fliers with a photo of the cat. Pet FBI is also a great resource (petfbi.org). You can create a "found" profile for the cat that will be visible to people searching for lost pets. Just be sure to get proof of ownership (photos, vet records, etc.).

In terms of the crying, she could be in heat if she's unaltered, or she could be bored, restless, and confused about her new space.

I might have missed something but you said that you're keeping her in an empty bedroom. But at night she has to be in a crate? Why can't she stay in the bedroom overnight?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leeann77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, I have an update- I took her to get combo tested so she could possibly hang out with my cat and found out she’s already been spayed. No microchip though. The vet is going to post her on all of the lost and found sites, hopefully we can find an owner. Thank you!!!