Rescued Abused Cat, 9 Rescues Help!

Gwen C.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Found cat abused by neighborhood kids, has bad fleas too. I have no financial help and have to pay for 9 cats vet bills. They all have fleas too, so badly theyre red and raw, pitiful! I started rescuing bc i used to have financial help from family but now they refuse to, they want me to throw them out. No one i know will take any of them, no kill shelters are full. Not going to put them on craigslist bc i got warned people here use those cats as dog bait or abuse them. Im terrified and broke. I need help saving these babies, a
20171010_172302.jpg
20171010_172302.jpg dvice anything!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
First, washing your cats in original blue Dawn dish washing soap will kill the fleas. Be sure to rinse thoroughly, though. Then, you must set about finding homes for these guys. This might help:

"kittens To Good Homes" - How To Find A Good Forever Home For Your Kittens

With a good screening process in place, you can feel more confident about listing your cats. And CHARGE for them! It is the "free to good homes" cats that end up in horrible situations. At least $20, which is about the amount that labs will pay for research animals. That takes one worry off of the list.

Given what you have said about your situation I will caution you NOT to rescue another single cat until you have managed to cut down on the number you have, or you run the risk of doing ALL OF THEM more harm than good. Do not allow yourself to become a hoarder, and that can be an easy slide down hill.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you, Norachan, I had meant to post that link, as well as these, but the phone rang, and I lost track of where I was!

No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life
When You Can't Afford A Veterinarian

Gwen C. Gwen C. I didn't mean to come down on you. Caring hearts such as yours are so rare, but I don't want to see you get into a position where you can't help the cats or yourself, and it is so easy to do! If you can find out-of-state homes for any of them, I can help you get into contact with transport teams, as well. Just PM me.