Removing Cat Food From Walls

Kennethkeen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay sorry if this tithe wrong board.

My cats aamessy eater and I noticed cat food crumbs allaover mymwallsmyAnyway to stops this from hahappeni since imI renting it's going to come right outoof my deposit.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Can you use a damp piece of cloth and wipe it off each time your cat finish eating? Even if you are not there to clean it immediately, it should be no problem wiping the wall later. Just use a 50:50 mixture of distilled vinegar and water to clean. It does a good good job cleaning and wiping stuffs.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
You could get a sheet of something like wall paneling from a DIY store. Tape it to the wall behind the food dishes with painters tape, which comes off without leaving a residue or messing up the wall surface. The tape comes in different colors, so you can create your fashionable designer wall. :winkcat:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it's dried on, spray it heavily with a mild cleaner (anything too harsh might damage the paint), let it soak in for a couple minutes, then use a scrub brush to get it off.

To keep it off after you have it cleaned, put some contact paper or something like that on that part of the wall.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A large piece of cardboard propped up against the wall behind your cat's dish will work and it's inexpensive.

If you have vinyl wallpaper, use a tiny bit of water to soften the food particles and wipe dry after you get the crumbs off. I wouldn't try this if the wallpaper is the old fashioned paper-type.