Remembrance Day

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
We will, whether it's called Remembrance Day or Veterans Day. I just came from a ceremony. I couldn't go it; they were allowing only veterans so they could control distancing. But they were displaying the ceremony on a tv outside the auditorium. There were several of us watching and a few tears when they sang the (U.S.) national anthem.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in assisted living and they had a ceremony here for the veterans. They had a special lunch for them and they handed out pins and a plack by two servicmen. Most of them have dememtia but you could see their eyes light up when the servicemen thanked them for their service and pinned on their pins.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My late grandfather was the commander of the American Legion post by his house for 2 years and very active with them for many years. Grandma was the historian for a while. They were always visiting and doing things for local veterans. My grandfather was a very quiet man unless he was passionate about the subject. And this was one of them!

DH came home with 2 pins yesterday. One from the company and another from the union. I don’t remember either doing that for Veterans Day before so it was nice.