Remember Phil Spector ?

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise

Bald - but not forgotten ...

~ As a kid I remember the "Wall 0f Sound" often mentioned in music magazines and on radio . He was an innovator and brought joy to millions with hit songs and work with other artists .
An unusual and eccentric man with unresolved psychological issues, he had a penchant for guns - often shooting one in the studio !
On April 13, 2009, the jury found Spector guilty of murdering Lana Clarkson by gunshot. Today at age 80 he sits alone in a California prison in poor health.
· WIKIPEDIA ·

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He was probably one of the most influential people in music. He did some work with the Beatles and George Harrison. One of my favorite things that George Harrison did was 'My Sweet Lord' and Phil Spector produced the album that song was on. That song kind of cemented George Harrison's reputation as the quiet spiritual Beatle. Unfortunately, like many very creative people, he did have major psychological issues. Even more unfortunate his issues were coupled with a violent streak.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I forgot about him and the murder. So sad.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JamesCalifornia

Top Cat
Purraise
~ :ruminating: I wonder why Phil didn't flee the country after the first trial ? I think he could have lived very comfortably in one of several places.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JamesCalifornia

Top Cat
Purraise
~ The Philip Spector 'Death Mansion' is up for sale . I hope it is not demolished. Would you live there ?