Remember my cousin who I said was missing a few weeks ago?

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, he was found alive yesterday! At the very place his car had been found when he went missing. He'd been in that big park for 3 weeks, was found covered in mosquito bites and with a lot of weight loss.

If anyone knows what he was doing or why, they aren't saying. It's speculated that he just flipped out and was hiding from life.

Anyway, a positive ending to a very strange story.

Cally

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatMom2Wires

Well, he was found alive yesterday! At the very place his car had been found when he went missing. He'd been in that big park for 3 weeks, was found covered in mosquito bites and with a lot of weight loss.

If anyone knows what he was doing or why, they aren't saying. It's speculated that he just flipped out and was hiding from life.

Anyway, a positive ending to a very strange story.

Cally
Glad to hear that he is ok.

My first thought when you posted the other thread was just that. But given the situation, I felt it would have been insensitive to say so.

There have been several cases of missing people where it turns out they have staged everything and have gone off to have an affair. Some years ago a Canadian female politician went missing in the USA. All evidence pointed to foul play. However, she was off having the time of her life with her lover. There was another case here where a car was found abandoned and police suspected foul play. Some days later the person was found 1/2 way across the USA claiming to not know who they were and were in a "fugue."

If someone I loved did that too me and put me through all of that stress and worry, I'd probably kill them myself!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, there was no situation that wasn't thought about where this was concerned. I've gotten a tiny bit more info. Apparently he was hiding out in a little shack in the park, using trashbags he'd found for shelter. He was only wearing shorts and nothing else when he was found, and was unshaven and covered with bug bites, dehydrated, etc. He'd had no supplies with him. That being said, I think we can rule out a secret lover.

Perhaps it was a dementia episode or some other fugue state. Apparently when he was found, he went readily with the person and was very upset that he'd missed his daughter's wedding, etc so he wasn't completely without a memory, or perhaps having been found and called by name somehow triggered something that brought him back to reality.

The family is supposed to make a statement to the media in Kansas City later today. Lots of folks who spent days searching and praying, and holding vigils are wanting answers and SOON. I can't help but wonder how well the search of the park was done. Granted it is 1600 acres, but he was THERE--seems someone should have seen him. Bet they're kicking themselves that they never got the canine team out to hunt for him. I think it's pretty hard to hide from bloodhounds when you're within a confined area.

More info when/if I learn anything. I'm just glad his immediate family no longer has to wonder where he is. They can now sort this out and begin the healing.

Thanks for your input and prayers.

Cally

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, that is fantastic news, no matter why he went I just know his family will be so glad to see him again. I like someone else said can heal together.xx