Rejected newborn

-Winter-

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat gave birth and is rejecting the last one I don't know what to do and the vet is closed (also don't have money it) I'm starting to freak

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

-Winter-

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's not a hard rejection but she doesn't seem to want to clean it but she's allowing it to drink milk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

-Winter-

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Found the issue. The kitten has a malformation of the tail so my sister gonna take care of it

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's not a hard rejection but she doesn't seem to want to clean it but she's allowing it to drink milk
OK, so its not so dramatic as it sounds... Still, you must be prepared to step in, and help with washing off perhaps.

Get home goats milk. If she doensnt use it, YOU can drink it up... And a dropper to feed with, or a little needleless syringe you will get from farmacia / drug store. They usually give for free if you explain what you need it for.

Do weight the little one every day. If she adds 6+ grammes a day or more, good. If not, you must handfeed you too... Hej, its good to weight everyone, but most important with the weakest.

ps. Perhaps some neigbour can lend you a scale?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am not sure why you don't leave the kitten with its mama. since she was letting it nurse. The cleaning may come later, or someone may have to intervene for grooming purposes but still let the kitten nurse as long as mama will let it. I am kind of thinking she will eventually groom it as well.