Reintroduction: tension during the eat/play/love phase with new Catification in the apartment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SuperD

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How are these kitties doing now?
Thanks for asking! They've been free for 1+ weeks now, they're basically back to their usual relationship. Still not left them alone but I'm sure we could in case.

That said, their usual relationship is not the best. I know I have to manage expectations, but I really miss them loving each other when they were little, until 4/5 years old. They were grooming, sleeping, playing together... So I'm still trying to do something about it, but no results for now... Misha is extremely energetic, I spend HOURS playing with her, I redirect her, but still, she at times will attack Namii because she wants to play with her and Namii will scream because she doesn't want to. I'm trying to give Misha time-outs, but that doesn't seem to work with her.

The dynamic is quite strange, because most of the times after the happening Namii just goes to sniff Misha to check her out. There are also times it seems she wants to play with Misha, even after screaming at her, and times that she attacks her doing the "butt dance" or playfully swats at her, but when it's her initiating the play, Misha doesn't care, she just walks away. It feels like they just don't speak the same language...

I know deep inside they love each other, there are times they both click at the same time and chase each other around the apartment, but the moment there is any sort of close contact, things start getting weird.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just like people, as they age/mature, their priorities change and so do their personalities. So, Namil has just chilled out more than Misha - so far. From what you describe, it sounds like that is all that is going on at this point. Hissing and swatting are just cat versions of a human telling another human - "Leave me alone, I don't want to be bugged right now."

As long as there is no blood being drawn or fur being pulled out, this is their new dynamic. It could change again as, and if, Misha chills out with more age.