Rehomed new cat, pregnant?

Ragdolly1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her previous owner told me she has been pregnant once before. So I’m not sure if she looks like this as a result or if it’s a sign of her being pregnant again? I have booked her appointment for spaying which is at the end of the month. Do you think she could’ve been pregnant before she came to me? I’ve only had her for a week now and she is strictly indoors
0E187986-9F11-4E7F-8482-A0024D58B82C.jpeg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did the previous said, how recently she had her litter?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Anyways, being "just" preg usually doenst look so. But if she was preg recently and had such (not the usual but happens), it could surely become worse with new pregnancy. And cats can become preg already when kittens are infants.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ragdolly1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Anyways, being "just" preg usually doenst look so. But if she was preg recently and had such (not the usual but happens), it could surely become worse with new pregnancy. And cats can become preg already when kittens are infants.
Did the previous said, how recently she had her litter?
She didn’t mention it, I’m not sure how long ago it was unfortunately. I’ve read about pinking nipples etc but surely if she’s been pregnant before, it may not be the best indicator of pregnancy right?

Ragdolly1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Honestly, I don't like the looks of that. If she JUST weaned the last litter, maybe it's normal, but those are very swollen mammaries and a bit too red for my liking. Can you get her in to see the vet soon?
I will have to, I had no idea it could be something wrong with her health. I will have to get her booked in first thing tomorrow. Hopefully everything is ok with her

Ragdolly1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So vet has said she’s not pregnant, and she’s seen this with many previous mothers post feeding their litters? So I guess she must have nursed a litter right before coming to me. Thank you for the help and suggestions everyone. Do I close this thread or leave it open not sure how things work here

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just leave it, it may help someone else with the same problem. I'm glad to hear everything seems normal, thank you so much for being so observant and helping her! Poor little girl, now all her little ones are just gone too, she must be stressed!