Redness in gums, teething or something else?

Smarl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When my kitten Onni was 16 weeks old and we went to get his second shot, vet noticed minor redness in his gums. She thought it was because of teething, and I've been checking the situation since then. Now he's 8 months, and there's still the same, minor redness around his molars. I'm guessing he should have done the teething already, so is this the point to worry and contact vet, or should I still wait until he's 12 months and will have next shots and check up? I'm a bit worried, none of my cats haven't had any teeth problems this young. (I can try to take a pic later, when my partner is back at home.)

Edit: I also brush his teeth regularly and he's been ok with that, so I don't think he's in pain.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Oratene in my cat's water and have no problems, you might check it out. Teething is usually done by 6 months, so I would bring it up at the vets at his yearly checkup. If you brush it may be an irritation from that too. if you try the Oratene first, it might take care of it. I get it on Amazon and Walmart online. It is the only one that is odorless so they drink it.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat has a redness along the gum line.
She's always had. She's 3 yo now. I brought it up to the attention of the vets before her teething. I was brushing her teeth regularly, so it could be the toothbrush?
We used a soothing gel, but nothing changed.
A test revealed that my cat has Calicivirus. She had it before she could be vaccinated.

Hopefully your Onni has this issue sorted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Smarl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for answering! I have to try Oratene or alternatives.

And a good point, it might be the brush too. I'll have a break for brushing, if that would help. Thanks again! I'm not too worried anymore, but will definetly talk to our vet when we have next appointment.