Redish browns spots on my cat's ear

Seeryne

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I have a cat, she turned 3 a couple of months ago, she's the only one I have and doesn't leave the house much, only when it's time for vet appointments or sometimes when we vacay in our home in the county side. I've noticed yesterday that she has 4 spots on her outer ear, the inner part seems completely clear. They look like pimples, not exactly but that's the only thing I can compare it to. They were a brownish Yellow when I first noticed them and today one of them is more red. She doesn't scratch and seems completely normal, I'm taking her to the vet today and I'm extremely worried. Does anyone have an idea what this could be and should I be worried? Thank you.

IMG_20240126_162338_138.jpg
IMG_20240126_162338_298.jpg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS! I honestly have no idea, but sincerely doubt that it is serious - or I wouldn't jump to that conclusion just yet. It is only involving an area of one ear, and nowhere else on her body, would seem to suggest she got into something that irritated the skin in that area. I would also guess she may be scratching at it and that is the reason it has turned more red - the previous look that you describe sounds like scabs, which can become itchy.

The vet may give you a topical treatment for it, or they may even take a swab for analysis. Either way, don't panic!!! Let us know what the vet says, please!