Reddish Discharge but no kitty’s

TiggerRose914

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My queen is pregnant , This morning she was having a good bit of discharge which was a dark reddish discharge. She has been wanting me by her side in her nets all day ,she doesn’t want food at all , and she has been sleeping all day as well. I called my vet and they said to wait. She has had only litter of kittens before I didn’t notice this type of behavior the first time, any suggestions , time frame, or tips for me please let me know !

IMG_1981.jpeg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My queen is pregnant , This morning she was having a good bit of discharge which was a dark reddish discharge. She has been wanting me by her side in her nets all day ,she doesn’t want food at all , and she has been sleeping all day as well. I called my vet and they said to wait. She has had only litter of kittens before I didn’t notice this type of behavior the first time, any suggestions , time frame, or tips for me please let me know !

View attachment 470794
I hope this shows she is near.... Of course, they CAN have problems although preg, but the statistics are heavy she is near; as such symptoms are common.

Has she dropped? ie suddenly seems less pregnant? Or any (other) alarming signs?

The vet apparently thinks too its a fairly common high pregn, and its nearing now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TiggerRose914

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I hope this shows she is near.... Of course, they CAN have problems although preg, but the statistics are heavy she is near; as such symptoms are common.

Has she dropped? ie suddenly seems less pregnant? Or any (other) alarming signs?

The vet apparently thinks too its a fairly common high pregn, and its nearing now.

I hope so too it’s been about 4-5 hrs since she was discharging I called the vet twice, I believe she has definitely dropped when I first noticed it I thought she had already had them !!

Her first pregnancy went very smoothly other then the car crashing into my house which i believe sent her into labor, she had the litter with my other indoor male who is now fixed. The difference with this pregnancy is she got out for a week and came back with a respiratory infection resulting in her taking about three different medications for about a half month !!!

She constantly checking to make sure I am in her room with her , if I leave she continues to cry until I come back , she doesn’t care if I’m doing something in the room she just wants me there while she in her nest !!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
the delivery is usually about 2 days after the dropping, so she is absolutely near.

You can of course try to entice into her something...Perhaps lick off your fingers?
Almost anything as long she likes it / accepts it. goat milk or mild youghurt are good, but as said, Some is better than nothing.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She sounds close, so just be patient. Pinkish discharge is normal at the end.

Do you plan to spay her this time after the kittens wean at 8 weeks? It’s not healthy for her to continue to have litters..