I am currently cat sitting and I noticed her bum i
9152A792-7571-4CFD-A622-AF2A3DCBC2EA.jpeg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I am currently cat sitting and I noticed her bum i
Is the cat having diarrhea or constipated and pooping hard poo? Any of these 2 will get the butt red and swollen. As constant diarrhea and pooping hard poo will cause abrasion and stress to the anus. This are the 2 things I can think of right now.

Can you show this photo to the vet?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats have occasional diarrhea and look much worse than that. It's not too serious until you notice if she is straining to go and can't If there is poo in the litterbox she should be fine until the family comes back. Just keep an eye on it. If her poo is hard, I give mine a teaspoon of butter,(has VERY little lactose.)Ask the family if you can what they want to give her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shay1473

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is the cat having diarrhea or constipated and pooping hard poo? Any of these 2 will get the butt red and swollen. As constant diarrhea and pooping hard poo will cause abrasion and stress to the anus. This are the 2 things I can think of right now.

Can you show this photo to the vet?
Yes she had diarrhea the first 2 days she was here I think because of the change she was nervous. She sat in her diarrhea it was a mess, I had to take her to get a wash. There is a very foul smell also coming from her butt area. I made a vet appointment for 2 weeks from now. Going to keep calling around to see if I can get in sooner.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yes she had diarrhea the first 2 days she was here I think because of the change she was nervous. She sat in her diarrhea it was a mess, I had to take her to get a wash. There is a very foul smell also coming from her butt area. I made a vet appointment for 2 weeks from now. Going to keep calling around to see if I can get in sooner.
Yes, keep calling for a sooner appointment. Don't take diarrhea lightly.
She could be stressed or having some intestinal issues. Get her to drink more fluid and keep her hydrated.

Foul smell always associate with diarrhea as the tummy is discharging non compliant stuffs.

Just 2 articles for you to read for your awareness :-

Inflammatory Bowel Disease In Cats - TheCatSite Articles

My Cat Has Diarrhea - What Do I Do?

I hope your kitty get well soon :grouphug2::grouphug2::grouphug2: